7 Things You Learn From Kids

7 Things You Learn From Kids

Kids know best.

16
7 Things You Learn From Kids
Kids Thumbs up

I have found that as we grow up, we start to forget things that are the most important, things that kids seem to do without even thinking about. As I was babysitting last Friday night, I watched as they did things that I sometimes found hard to do. I compiled a list of seven things that children do that we could learn a thing or two from.

1. Don’t take things too seriously

Not everything is supposed to be taken literally. The world today is so fixated on taking every little thing to heart. People joke, if it offends you, then move on.

2. Life is short, have fun

The average life span is around 71 years old. Most of us are already around our 20s and those went by very, very fast. Wake up early and stay up late—you can sleep when you are dead.

3. Laugh every day

No explanation needed. If you are not laughing every day you are definitely doing life wrong.

4. Don’t hold grudges

Refer to item No. 2. Life is too short for you to spend your whole life mad at someone—move on. You don't have to be their best friend but don't waste your energy hating on them.

.

5. Notice the little things

Notice when your roommate gets an A or your mom dyes her hair. They may be tiny little things, but if you don't notice them, you are moving through life way too fast. Focus on everything so that you don't miss anything.

6. It is OK to ask for help

We don't know what we are doing 24/7—sometimes we need a little guidance and that's OK. You can be 7 or 70, it is always OK to ask for a helping hand or to be taught how to do something you don't quite understand. Don't let your pride take ahold of you.

7. Talk to strangers

This one might feel a little iffy coming from a parent's point of view, but basically don't be afraid to talk to new people. It is OK to get out of your comfort zone, it's the only way you can network. You will not get anywhere in the world if you are even too shy to say hello. Plus, being rejected builds character.