7 Things You Know To Be True if You're An Only Child

When your three friends were a chip, penny, and used napkin.

129
Personal Photo

Hey only children! Here are 7 things you know to be all too true as an only child:

1. Yes, we've wondered what life would have been like with siblings

Would we be besties? Would I finally have someone to give me a second opinion on outfits in the morning, or would we pull our hairs out with drama? Would a big brother stick up for me or be the biggest annoyance? The world will never know.

2. Competitive wise... WE DON'T CARE.

When it comes to how competitive we are... the jokes on you buddy. I'll beat your butt at MarioKart, but I never grew up having something to prove against other siblings, so a loss in games/sports ain't no big deal.

3. We take our friendships and relationships SERIOUSLY.

We grew up with our parents, and that's it. Having other close bonds and relationships with people our age is an opportunity we don't take lightly.

4. But we're also very independent, and can be perfectly content alone.

Can't hang out this weekend? NO PROB. A solo productive girl's night it is for me!

5. Most of us are old souls.

We were often socialized around our parents and their friends, so don't mind me when I choose Phil Collins at the next banger.

6. Our parents were more than likely EXTREMELY over protective

The best and worst thing about being an only child: all of the attention is on you. Good luck finding someone to cover for you when you sneak out to Derek's house this Friday.

7. Oversharing or stingy... there's no in-between with us.

I was always nicknamed the "Mom" by friends, I always want to be able to share what I have with others because I am so used to having things to myself. Unfortunately "some" of us only-children are so used to this way that sharing isn't something in their vocabularies.