7 Things I Learned About My First Month Of Becoming Vegan

Becoming vegan has made me feel so much better and appreciate the world so much more!

139
RD

As of July 1st, I began to transition my diet and lifestyle to completely plant-based. Beacuse of this, I have felt so much positive change of my life. Throughout my first month of transition, these are the things I've learned!

1. The transition doesn't have to be perfect!!

It takes the time to cut a large food group that you've been eating all of your life out. It wasn't that bad since I've been a pescatarian for the last two years. Allowing yourself to have slip ups is okay! When you're trying, you're trying.

2. There is no certain way to be vegan!

Literally, there is one "best" or "certain" way to be vegan. If you're vegan, you're vegan! If you don't want to eat veggies one day you don't have to! You can live off of cereal and vegan waffles if you want.

3. You don't have to deprive yourself of your favorite foods.

One can easily make any of your favorite foods you want vegan so easily! Vegan mac and cheese (by Chole in NYC has super good one), for example, is so easy. One of my favorite foods, waffles and pancakes are so easy too!

4. You don't have to eat three meals a day if that doesn't work for you either.

For me, I have learned that I work better-eating lots of small meals throughout the day then just eating three. I love eating lots of smoothies, bars, salad wraps, and whatever else I have throughout my house, just during the day or even on the road.

5. You don't have to throw away everything you have that isn't vegan right away.

For me, personally, I don't really see the point of throwing away all my products that aren't vegan because I already have them so why not use them up anyway. If I throw them away that would be just a waste! But definitely, try to start buying products that are more sustainable and animal-friendly.

6. If you think you're alone, YOU'RE NOT!

There are so many different apps and bloggers/vloggers where you can meet people and admire different kinds of vegans and how they eat and what their diets are. Some of my favorite YouTubers include Sarah Lemkus, Ellen Fisher, Bonny Rebecca and ItsMandarin! These are just a few! There are so many out there just find the ones you love and they can really educate you!

7. This is just my way and everyone has their own way!

This is just the way I have been vegan and how it has been working for me! Everyone has their own way of becoming vegan or even vegetarian. Whatever works best for you and makes you feel the best!