5 Things I Could Do If Everyone Would Wear A Mask

5 Things I Would Be Doing If Everyone Wore A Mask, But I'm Not Since We Can't Follow The Rules

We could speed up getting "back to normal," but we won't.

102

I would love to do so many fun things with my family and friends before I leave for college but that is not going to happen since many people still refuse to wear a mask. That being said, it's nice to think of the "what ifs."

1. Vacationing 

I tend to travel in the summer. Last summer, I had the opportunity to travel to Europe and see some beautiful countries. I also went to Chicago and Georgia and sat at the beach. If everyone wore a mask I would be traveling, seeing amazing sites, and eating some of the best food!

2. Hanging out with friends and family 

Many of my friends and loved ones are taking quarantine seriously and have not been out. It saddens me to think so many people are not taking this seriously. Just because you have not been directly affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) does not make it not real. I would love to see all of my family and friends in a large setting, but that will not happen until everyone starts to take COVID-19 seriously and wears a mask!

3. Going out to restaurants 

Although restaurants are open, there are still employees who may have COVID-19. The most recent incident that I have heard of was Ted Drew's. Ted Drew's is a Saint Louis staple, but one of the employees had COVID-19 and it was shut down. Just knowing that one person who tested positive can drastically affect your life or even end it is crazy. Wearing a mask is so important and can prevent COVID-19 from spreading.

4. Not worrying about dying

I was healthy before COVID-19 happened and always took my vitamins — which my friends thought was funny — I was good! But now you go out and can only think about how to be the safest possible. In every store, there is hand sanitizer and a poster that tells you to wear a mask. Before coronavirus, I did not think about the “last" ever. But now, more than ever, you should be thankful for what you have and the people who love you. Wear a mask and prevent yourself from infecting someone else!

5. Going to campus before school

I would have loved to go to my college campus and just chill and relax and get to explore the city before I actually attend school. Sadly COVID-19 closed buildings and kind of put a stop to travel for many. My school has decided to come back to campus in the fall, so hopefully everyone will be wearing a mask. Keeping everyone safe will lead to a fun semester!

If everyone would wear a mask, the summer would have been so much more fun. I hope everyone is still taking this virus seriously and taking preventative measures so that they do not endanger someone else. Stay safe and wear that face mask!