7 Things I’ve Been Missing During Isolation

I know y'all have missed these too.

22
Photo by Jeswin Thomas from Pexels

COVID-19 took the world by storm and flipped all of our lives upside down in a matter of days. And while we have been learning to adjust to the current "norms", there are plenty of things we miss about the way things used to be. Things we used to enjoy before we worried about a virus without a cure every time we left the house. Here are a few of those things I've been missing, and I can't be the only one.

1. Going to the beach

The beach is my happy place, and not being able to sit in the sand and swim in the ocean has really sucked these past few months.

2. Sports (collegiate, professional, and high school)

This one seems pretty obvious, but personally, baseball is one of the few sports I thoroughly understand. So, yeah. That sucks. Not to mention all the senior athletes that had their final seasons taken away from them.

3. State parks

I like to go hiking at Hanging Rock State Park in my home state (North Carolina), and this has been closed to help the social distance practice.

4. Going out to eat at sit-down restaurants

While eating at home has been a great use of family time, it was also very common for my family to go sit down and eat. Mostly, I miss sitting down to eat and catch up with friends.

5. Leisurely browsing in retail stores

Target is my personal favorite to simply walk around, but this goes for literally any store I would normally shop at.

6. Hanging out with big groups of friends

I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a movie night with my friends.

7. Actually GOING to school (oddly enough)

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I MISS BEING AT MY COLLEGE. (Sorry if the gif hurts your head, oops)

STAY HOME so we can get back to these things soon, please.