7 Reasons Why Being "Type A" Is A Good Thing, As Told By Monica Geller

Writing this article is now crossed off my to-do list.

188
moviefone

Most individuals regard themselves as having either "Type A" personality or "Type B" personality. This personality theory has been around since the 1950s, and is still accepted today as a theory of personality. People who are identified as "Type A" should be looked at as having a spectrum of behaviors rather than a distinction. According to psychology, "Type A" individuals are the work-obsessed, time-conscious, competitive individuals. Research shows that "Type A" behavior results in a greater risk of health problems due to stress, but at the same time, these individuals are also more likely to be successful in their careers. Sure, there are downsides to everything, and personalities can't change, so if you do identify as being "Type A", embrace it! Here is a list of reasons why identifying as "Type A" is a good thing:

1. You are time-conscious.

"If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late." My Gosh! It's like that statement was practically written for you. If you ever do find yourself in a situation where you are going to be late (it's rare, but just imagine) you also find yourself profusely sweating while apologies race through your mind.

2. You are extremely conscientiousness.

You often feel that you care way too much about things, but you wouldn't have it any other way. Being stressed and anxious is part of who you are, but in the end it is only because you do care. You are the person who worries about the perfect cake for someone, and even the perfect card; you are also the person who wants to keep everyone happy 24/7, but what's wrong with that?

3. Whatever the task may be, you're on top of it.

People may think of you as a know-it-all or an overachiever, and well... they're right. You know you can take on a lot and do it well, you are also confident in your intelligence. There is nothing wrong with that, embrace who you are!

4. You live by high standards.

Admit it, you have a hard time releasing control to others, but only because you want things done the right way. Work and school are your two places to accomplish great things. No you will not settle for a 90 on a test, you can always do better. And yes, you will help a customer at work instead of letting your co-worker do it, you know you will do a better job. Laziness is a choice that people make, and you will not tolerate it!

5. Procrastination is not your thing.

You don't understand how people can procrastinate. Once you have a task to do, you're on it!

6. Planning is your expertise.

You pride yourself on your planning skills. You have tasks to complete everyday and plan accordingly to achieve it all. You do your planning ahead of time that way you can make the most of each moment. If you're visiting a new city, you make sure to plan out restaurants and do research on Yelp, if there is an upcoming test, you have already made a study schedule and if you have a friend visiting, you plan the weekend in its entirety before they even arrive.

7. Everything you do is with purpose.

110 percent goes into everything you do. No matter how simplistic or meaningless a task seems, you treat it as a priority. You have the spark and passion to be successful, and the motivation to match!