7 Reasons It's Worth It To Watch 'The Bachelorette' This Season

Both "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" receive a lot of hate by the public however, I have now joined the bandwagon of viewers.

44

I used to make fun of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette." I couldn't understand why people enjoy watching someone date so many men/women at once and showcase their entire relationship with these people on national TV. So here are the reasons I am currently watching "The Bachelorette."

The woman is in total control

In this season, Hannah is in 100% control. She can choose who stays, who leaves, who she wants to go on dates with, and who she wants to spend time with.

None of the "relationships" are official 

A lot of the articles I have read of people saying they hate the show, is because of the idea of dating so many people at once. But I see it a little different, they are mostly just going on dates, there isn't a real commitment (yet). I mean there are some exceptions to this, I don't always agree with things such as Hannah has kissed just about every contestant but whatever not my business.

They are real people

I know they are handpicked to the bachelorette's liking, but they have real jobs, real lives, and real families. Most of the contestants are there for the purpose of finding love, and although not all of them are perfect and some of them use the show as a platform or to gain fame, some of them are genuinely there for the chance to find a husband or wife.

It's a reality TV show

OK really if you watch KUWTK (love that show, no hate really) then you can't judge this show. It's reality TV for a reason, it's kind of ridiculous and dramatic but that's what makes it so great. It's entertainment, you can't expect people who live for a life of TV are going to be flawless and have perfect lives with no drama, they just get a little melodramatic but that's why it's fun to watch.

The dates are fantastic

Although a lot of the dates can be unrealistic for the average person, some of them are really good ideas. For example, this season Hannah took one of the men on a four-wheeling mudding date. YES, PLEASE. But not all of the ones that seem to go all out are ridiculous. Not every date has to consist of dinner and a movie so it's nice to see some creativity in these dates.

Something to look forward to

It's something to look forward to every week. It's exhausting to only see negative on TV all the time, through the news, but this show makes you want to come back for more every time.

You can multi-task

This is one of those shows you can do other things while watching it. It's not a drama where you have to pay attention to every piece of it, you pretty much know what to expect every episode with a group date or two, at least one one-on-one date, and usually a rose ceremony at the end.

Don't get me wrong, I can also see the negatives to the show, such as it being somewhat of a competition, or people not being their real selves because they're on TV, or even how some people can interpret it as sexist and unrealistic. But it's just a TV show and it isn't really harming anyone. Until it does, stop hating on it, just don't watch it. I started watching last season and now I can't stop, don't knock it until you try it.