7 Failsafe Christmas Gifts

7 Failsafe Christmas Gifts

Having shopper's-block?

27
7 Failsafe Christmas Gifts
Google Images

Christmas shopping is hard, especially when you don't have too much money to spend on your family. Sure, your parents deserve expensive sports cars, but if you're a high school or college student (or even a recent graduate), it's highly improbable that a car is in the works, so here are some more affordable options instead.

1. Mugs--Most of America is addicted to caffeine; it is the most used drug worldwide. If you are drawing a blank on what to get a loved one, no one can have too many mugs! They are great for drinking coffee and tea and many other things if you are still in college.

2. Winter Wear--Christmas is during the darkest portion of the year, and the coldest as well. As the sun sets, warmth received from the sun disappears, and it is gets colder outside. Whether the recipient is young or old, they will always appreciate a nice warm scarf or hat. Gloves are trickier, so stick to what you know. Some fail-safes are sports-team related gear that serve a double function - pride and keeping you from falling victim to hypothermia.

3. Books--Regardless of who you’re shopping for, they are bound to have some interests that can be aided by some type of book. Want to be a famous scientist? Get them a biography of Marie Curie or Nicola Tesla (or any other famous scientist). Do they love fiction? Get them a novel, classic or new—"Jane Eyre" is my personal favorite, but some other classics are "The Picture of Dorian Gray" and "Oliver Twist." If they’re not into classics, there are plenty of new novels to choose from! Whatever their primary interest is, there is a book out there for them.

4. Board Games--I’m personally a huge fan of board games. They bring groups of people together, regardless of age and interest. If you know that the recipient loves a certain book or television series, a fail-safe is getting them a themed gamed. Even people who love Disney have special Clue and Monopoly games.

5. Christmas Ornaments--Yes, the dreaded Christmas-themed Christmas gift. This is honestly a last resort, but if you are completely drawing a blank, get them a cute Christmas ornament that either represents your friendship or something you know they love.

6. Lotion-- As said previously when mentioning winter gear, this is the coldest time of the year. That being said, cold air is typically dry—so hands are a mess around Christmas time. This makes it the best time to give and receive lotion! Whether you want to get gifts at a lower price point—which Bath & Body Works does a lovely job of doing with tons of sales and beautiful products—or a higher price point—L’Occitane makes amazing albeit expensive hand and body lotions—there are plenty of options to choose from.