The Seven Deadly Stages Of Procrastination

To do this now or later is the question? Later.

43

Procrastination is an awful, awful disease that can eat you alive. At one point in your life you have probably put something very important off until the last minute. Everything usually works out in the end okay. But if you want to quit having panic attacks and stressing out then I would recommend starting assignments earlier than the due date!

Stage 1: Putting It Aside

I'm busy, I'll do it later. I have plenty of time to do this assignment.

Stage 2: Unfounded Motivation

Okay I'm ready to begin this assignment! Even though I only have one night to write it now, it'll be great. It's totally OK. I've got this.

Stage 3: Other Important Priorities

You know what... I just noticed how dirty and organized my room is. I'm going to clean my room first because the mess is really distracting me! I also should organize all my notebooks for class. And maybe go through my emails and sort them. I'm glad I did all that first, now I can start writing my assignment again.

Stage 4: The Not So Important Priorities

I haven't checked Facebook in a while. Or Instagram, or Snapchat, or Twitter. Now that I've checked all those I should read the news. The news is important right? This COULD be very resourceful information for my assignment.

Stage 5: False Start

Okay this time I am really doing it. I am startingggggg, now! I'm just going to open this word document first and think about what to write..

Stage 6: False Accomplishment

Wow I wrote a whole page in one hour! I'll finish this in no time. I can't believe I put it off this long. I guess since I wrote a page I can take a break and check Facebook now.

Stage 7: PANIC

ITS 3AM AND I HAVE YET TO COMPLETE MY ASSIGNMENT?! WHAT AM I GONNA DO, WHAT AM I GONNA, DO WHAT AM I GONNA DO? *Cries* Time to finish this assignment!