6 Ways to Have More Fun

6 Ways to Have More Fun

6 Ways to Have More Fun

8
6 Ways to Have More Fun

Feeling bored? There's no need for that; you could be having bunches of fun right now. Here are 6 ideas for how to get started:

1.Learn a Few New Jokes

Is everyone else around you just as bored as you are? Perhaps you could interrupt the monotony of the daily grind by entertaining your friends with some funny jokes. Try these,these and these for starters.

In general, if you go out of your way to ensure the other people around you are having fun, you're likely to be perceived as a fun-loving, happy-go-lucky person yourself.

2.Hang Out With Little Kids

If you want to indulge your silly side without seeming undignified, invite a few small children over to play. You could offer to babysit for neighbors, friends or relatives who have kids.

Once the kids are gathered around, tell them stories; play dress-up with them; dance around the kitchen and sing hokey songs; and enjoy playing with all the toys you are secretly longing to get your hands on. If it's summertime, you could round everybody up for a water balloon fight or a squirt gun battle. If it's wintertime, you could opt for a snowball war instead.

3.Adopt an Orphaned Kitten

If you're looking to add more playfulness to your life, you'd have a hard time finding another living being more playful than a kitten. Adopting a sweet little kitten = instant fun.

Of course, not everyone is in a position to adopt a pet – so if you aren't able to do that at the moment, you could always just binge watch a few hours' worth of cute kitten videos on Youtube or Instagram.

4.Volunteer

Volunteering can be a fun way to meet new people, broaden your horizons and be a part of something greater than yourself. If you check around, you're likely to find heaps of interesting volunteering opportunities in your community.

5.Figure Out What You, Personally, Would Enjoy Doing Most – And Do That

Everyone's idea of fun is different. For some people, artsy things like painting, drawing and coloring seem fun. For others, trying a new sport or learning to play a musical instrument would be more enjoyable.

If you're a uni student, you could check out your options for clubs and extracurricular activities that are available on your campus. You're likely to find that there are heaps of fantastic options you could try. If you aren't in school, there might be local clubs that meet in your area – things like writers' guilds, plein air painters' groups, or athletic associations could all be interesting and provide a steady stream of fun and entertainment.

6.Stop Thinking "If Only…"

Do any of these thought patterns sound familiar? "Life would be so much more fun, if only I had more money…If only I had more time…If only I were thinner…If only I had bigger boobs and a flatter stomach…"

Listen up: Fun isn't the exclusive domain of rich, thin, curvaceous people. There are plenty of attractive people out there who don't have much fun – and there are countless less-than-gorgeous people who have heaps of fun. You could win the lottery and have breast augmentation surgery tomorrow, and it wouldn't instantly translate to more fun in your life. Sometimes fun happens spontaneously – but just as often, you have to make the effort to adopt a fun, playful mindset.

It's true that a lot of fun things like skydiving and golf and international travel are off-limits if you can't afford to pay for them. On the other hand, there are zillions of other fun things you can do for free. If you're broke, it just means that you'll have to be a bit more creative in looking for affordable ways to have fun. But don't let a lack of funds stop you from enjoying your life. After all, there are sunsets to be watched, friends to be called and countless cute kitten videos available to make you giggle.

These are just a few of the possibilities for adding more fun and enjoyment to your life. If you're bored and stuck in a rut, hopefully some of these ideas will be useful to you for breaking the monotony.