6 Ways to Get Over the Winter Blues in Madison

123

People always say Winter is the longest season. The cold seems to be never ending and usually pretty miserable, especially in Madison. If you’re tired of being stuck in the house and bored with nothing to do, here are some ways to get over these winter blues:

1. Go see a movie

The winter can seem long because you’re always stuck inside. It’s negative degrees outside and snowing and there's no way you’re stepping food outdoors. Rather than watch a movie or netflix indoors for the hundredth time why not go see a movie?! Experiencing movies in a movie theatre always make the movie better and are a perfect way to break up your day or night. Nothing beats the recliner chairs and a bag of fresh popcorn from the movie theatres with friends.

2. Cook Dinner with friends

Tired of ordering in? Too cold to walk outside and go get food? Cook dinner with your friends! This is a perfect way to stay indoors but have a good meal and not be bored. You can eat healthy (gotta get in shape for spring break), and have a good time with your friends all in one setting. And the best part; you don't have to step foot outside.

3. Try a new workout class

The long winters can put anyone in a bad, tired and lazy mood. This usually leads to staying in bed and doing absolutely nothing, with no motivation at all. Trying a new workout class can help motivate you to actually get out of bed and exercise! Nothing feels better than the feeling of working out and sweating during a hard class. Plus, doing workout classes help motivate you because they are lead by someone. You’ll never wanna get back in bed after a good workout!

4. Go ice skating

It may suck that the weather is no longer nice, and you can't really spend time outside at the lake. However, now that it's frozen you can walk on the lake and even go ice skating! Go ice skating with friends and then getting a good hot cup of hot cocoa can make any winter day more bearable.

5. Go to the mall

Winter can definitely give anyone cabin fever. Since it’s too cold to go outside, going to the mall can give you a good break from your house and something for you to do. Plus, it’s time you can spend with your friends and actually do something for once in the winter.

6. Play board games

To be honest, you’re never too old to play board games. On a cold winter day play a board game with family and friends, it’s the perfect way to pass time and enjoy yourself. Nothing beats a good game of cards against humanity.