6 Ways To Spend Your Leap Day

6 Ways To Spend Your Leap Day

Tips for the magical holiday you never thought you needed.

126
6 Ways To Spend Your Leap Day
Today.com

Every four years we receive a sacred gift — and no, I am not talking about the summer Olympics. We are given the gift of time! That's right, the most underrated, magical holiday of all is upon us once again: Leap Day. A twist of fate that on the surface seems like nothing more than a lazy solution to calculating the rotation of the Earth around the Sun is actually a hidden miracle. We are given 24 hours to spend any way we please.

Are you ready to take advantage of this astrological loophole? In case you need a little inspiration, here are six ways to spend your magical extra day on Earth.

1. Sleeping

Sleep: always a good option. Use your additional 24 hours to catch up on the sleep you've lost due to those pesky midterms. Though you probably still have class on Leap Day (a real injustice, in my opinion), you can still be in a restful mindset by knowing that your year is technically one day longer.

2. Yoga

How many times throughout the year do we boast to our friends that we'll "definitely start going to yoga this week"? If I had to make an educated guess, I would probably say one million. So, use your Leap Day this year to squeeze in that first yoga class. You can brag that it actually happened this time, and your New Year's resolution to work out more won't be totally in vain.

3. Skydiving

Use your extra day to make up for the lack of adventure in your life. Has your year has been monotonous, tiresome, or just plain boring? Well, what better way to mix things up than jumping out of a plane at 13,000 feet. In a regular year, we are often too swamped with the mundane nature of daily life to ever fully climb out of our comfort zones. Let this Leap Day give you the extra push you need to explore your wild side!

(Author's note: Bungee jumping, cliff diving, and swimming with sharks are also acceptable activities.)

4. Play Leap Frog

Aside from the clever wordplay, it is actually relatively unknown that Leap Day is the national holiday of remembering your childhood. So go forth this February 29th and jump over another human being (preferably not a stranger, please use caution) to remember the good old days. Wasn't recess fun? Isn't it amusing pretending to be a frog? Thanks, Leap Day.

5. Reinvent Yourself

Yes, I know Leap Day is only 24 hours long, but hey, that's still enough time to totally change who you are! If you're desperately in need of a makeover or lifestyle change Leap Day is the time to do it. You get that nipple piercing, audition for that play, or learn that second language! For the next 24 hours, the world is your oyster. Go become the 'you' that you've always dreamed of being.

6. Drop a Mixtape

This one requires some foresight, but if you're up for the challenge then Leap Day is the perfect time to release those dope tunes you've been working on all year. By using your extra day on planet Earth to further your music career, you'll be a step ahead of the big players. Use the magic of February 29th and make that album go platinum. Good luck to you, Bad Boy Z (if you choose this option, I'm assuming that's your name).

Hope this helped solve your Leap Day crisis. Happy Leap Day everyone!