6 Tips To Help You During Midterms

6 Tips To Help You During Midterms

Simple steps to help you with the midterm blues.

29
6 Tips To Help You During Midterms

College midterms are just around the corner, which also means late night studying, several cups of coffee, and constant stress. Although midterms are not as bad as finals, they still stink and make me want to pull all of my hair out. But, I have a few tips that I have learned over the past two years that will help you knock out your midterms successfully.

1. Do not procrastinate!

"Oh, look! 'Fuller House' is finally released on Netflix. I'll study after I watch the first season. I'll be fine." NO. First you study and then binge watch a show or whatever you like to do in your free time. I too find myself trying to start something to take my mind off of doing homework, but I need a good GPA and I'm sure you do too.

2. Try new ways of studying.

Try to mix it up a little. Studying doesn't have to be boring the whole time. Make a jingle to your biology notes, have a friend help you with your history flashcards or make up a game for your math equations. Have some fun!

3. Take study breaks.

Like I said before, study first and then reward yourself. Take a walk, watch a movie, go to the gym, hang out with your friends. Whatever makes you enjoy doing outside of school work. You don't need to cram two hundred index cards into your brain all at once.

4. Drink a good amount of caffeine. You're going to need it.

But, not too much. No matter how hard you try not to, you will end up staying awake until three in the morning. (Not always a good thing). Coffee and energy drinks will help you stay energized and won't put you to sleep. I drink around three to four cups of coffee a day, but that's because I am addicted.

5. Study in the library.

I find myself not using Facebook and Twitter while in the library. I feel more studious and motivated to get my work completed when hiding in a little nook. Plus, the library is silent and won't have tiny distractions keeping you from your studies. You'll really feel like a college student in this environment.

6. Treat yo' self.

After a long week of studying and taking numerous exams, make sure you reward yourself for doing such a good job. Taking a much needed nap is my personal favorite way to treat myself. Whatever you choose, you deserve it.

These six tips will help you overcome your midterm blues and encourage you to ace those nasty exams. If I can do it, you can do it. Have faith in yourself and remember that you are one midterm away from graduation. Cheers to having three exams I have to take this week before spring break.