6 Things To Do On A Quiet Weekend In Madison, Wisconsin

No home football game? No problem.

221
Julianne Cornell

For any Badger fan, on an off weekend when there's no home game in Wisconsin, you’re most likely unsure of how to spend your time. With no tailgates to go to, and no game to go to, what is a Badger fan to do? Well, sometimes a quiet off weekend can be nice and there are plenty of things in Madison for one to do. Here are a few:

1. Binge watch movies

Because who doesn't love a good binge watch. On a quiet weekend when it is starting to get cold, curling up on the couch with a blanket and snacks and watching a marathon of your favorite movies is exactly what you need.

2. Go shopping

We all love shopping, but sometimes we just don't have the time to go. Going to the mall on a quiet weekend is the best time. Grab your friends and head to the mall for a shopping spree. With plenty of time to kill and a ton of stores to shop in, the mall is the perfect place to go.

3. Cook dinner with friends

Sometimes it can be hard to cook meals during the week when you're busy. However, on a quiet weekend in Madison, cooking a meal with your friends is a perfect way to spend your time. Not only do you get to hang out with your friends, but also you get to have a homemade meal.

4. Catch up on things

During the week it can be hard to catch up on the little things. Whether it's doing your laundry, cleaning your room, reading a book there are always a ton of things to catch up on. A quiet weekend in Madison is the perfect time to do so. Even if it’s starting your work in advanced, this is the perfect time to do it.

5. Workout

A relaxing weekend in Madison is the perfect time to workout. Going for a run, doing yoga, or taking a workout class is a perfect way. You can sleep in late and then workout stress-free, knowing that you have all the time to do it! Working out is not only a perfect way to spend your time but also a good way to relieve stress and forget about whatever work you had during the week.

6. Go to Chicago

With nothing going on in Madison and maybe not much to do, sometimes you need a change of scenery. A great place to go to that's not far away is Chicago. It's as easy as getting on the bus or taking a car and driving the 3 hours away. There are plenty of things to do and you can go for the day and be back in Madison at night!