6 Summer Skincare Musts

6 Summer Skincare Musts

With the warm weather comes special skincare musts. Here's 6 easy tips to stay on top of your health!

11
6 Summer Skincare Musts

Summertime means sunny days, cold drinks and adventures galore. However, it's also when your skin requires the most care. To keep yourself looking fresh during these toasty months check out my tips below!

1. Keep your face clean!

We hate to admit it but everyone sweats. All that extra moisture can trap dirt and other foreign particles into your pores. This can lead to all kinds of icky issues like breakouts and redness. Test out and find your favorite cleanser and stick to a routine. Your skin will thank you!

2. Don't forget to exfoliate!

You can exfoliate your skin in tons of different ways, but my favorite is using a scrub or microexfoliant. These rinses are made specifically to help your skin shed dead particles that your cleansers might miss.

3. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

Keeping your skin hydrated, especially after washing or exfoliating, will ensure that it stays healthy. Without moisture you might experience dry patches, cracking skin or redness. Don't skip this vital step!

4. Drink plenty of water!

When the heat rises and we spend more time outside, our body needs more fluids than normal. If you're not drinking enough to keep up with it then you can experience a whole bunch of side effects including headaches, dizzy spells and dried out skin. To maintain the balance you should aim for eight 8 ounce glasses of plain water per day. This balanced amount can fluctuate depending on your weight, how much you exercise and if you drink caffeinated drinks too. Be mindful of your water, because it's the vital tool your body uses to detoxify itself! You don't want all your washing and scrubbing to be canceled out by toxins kept in your skin because of dehydration.

5. Apply ample amounts of sunscreen!

Sunscreen is a vital barrier between your skin and the sun's rays, but very few people use it correctly. You should apply between a teaspoon and a tablespoon to your face, and about a shot glass more to the rest of your body. Then, you need to reapply throughout the day. Applying lotion or makeup with SPF in the morning is a great way to beat sun damage. Protecting your face from the sun will also help you maintain youthful skin long into the future.

6. Treat damaged skin with care.

Sometimes sunburns are unavoidable! When they do occur, it's of the utmost importance that you treat it with care. Using aloe and making sure to keep the area moisturized can speed up the healing process!