6 Shows That Need To Make Your TV Must Watch List

All hail Netflix

47
Photo by Sven Scheuermeier on Unsplash

If you've ever finished a television series, and I'm assuming you have if you're a typical human being, you've experienced the feeling of near emptiness now that you can no longer immerse yourself in the world of your favorite, unrealistic, characters.

Okay, so maybe emptiness is a bit of a dramatic stretch, but it's always nice to have something in the Netflix queue for the next time you have a weekend where you feel like a Netflix marathon of some sort is the only way you could possibly recharge. Here are six shows that should make your watch list and why.

1. Friends

If you haven't already watched this one, at LEAST once, pop it up to the top of your list ASAP. It's a classic in every sense of the word. This show remains hilarious no matter how many times you've seen the episodes. Also, there are ten seasons so it should keep you occupied for quite a while.

2. Chuck

This show could probably take the cake for the most underrated show of ALL TIME. It's about a computer geek who works at the equivalent of a Best Buy, who, due to unforeseen circumstances, comes into a career as a spy. This show combines, comedy, action, and romance to create a charming story of a nerd turned James Bond.

3. Gossip Girl

I'll admit, this show is devoid of any meaningful substance but man is it addictive. The suspenseful plot lines and incessant plot twists, combined with the allure of a window into the lives of Manhattan's elite, makes for an irresistibly dramatic experience of which we are simultaneously jealous, yet so thankful that it isn't our current reality.

4. American Horror Story

Disclaimer!!!! This show is not for the faint of heart or for people who can't handle seeing copious amounts of blood at once. I'll be honest and say I probably listened to this show more than I actually watched it because my eyes were closed. However, the intricate and suspenseful plot lines are intriguing enough to keep you clicking "next episode". If you're a horror junkie, this is definitely for you.

5. New Girl

This show is fantastic. It would take some strong convincing for me to believe there's better television out there. This show follows a group of thirty-something roommates in LA and the quirks and adventures they have to embrace in all of their hilarity. Also, Jessica Day is an incredibly relatable character, as demonstrated in the above gif. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. Glee

If you know me at all then it's no surprise this one made the list. If you're into music or theatre or really any type of performance art, then you need to watch this for the theatricality alone. However, it's nice that all those dazzling performances are interspersed between moments full of comedy and real-life lessons like embracing yourself for the things that are intrinsic to your character, regardless of what others may have to say about it.

Good luck with your next binge session. If you give any of these a try, I'm nearly positive they won't disappoint.