6 Reasons To Look Forward To Christmas Break

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

306

It’s the most wonderful time of the year!! Christmas is coming.

College students are finishing up finals and high schoolers are getting ready for midterms so that everyone can be home together over the holidays. There’s so much to look forward to during this magical time; even the grumpiest grinch can find something to smile about.

1. No school

I don’t think I have to be the one to tell you what a relief it is when you don’t have to wake up for class. You don’t have to get dressed, and you can stay in fuzzy pajama pants all day. Not only that but every two AM night you have over break is of your own choosing (aka, not one where you’re frantically doing homework that’s due the next morning). There’s time to relax and do things that you wouldn’t normally have time for, like reading a book for your own enjoyment. I know-- it's crazy.

2. Christmas cookies

If your family is anything like mine, Christmas time brings out the best food ON THE PLANET. The house is filled with the delicious smell of spices and cookies baking.

3. Christmas Decorations

It’s always nice to drive down the street at night and see every house lit up cheerfully to celebrate the holiday. Christmas lights are magical no matter how old you are, and they never fail to add some extra holiday joy.

4. SLEEP

Whether you’re home from high school, college, or you’re just trying to relax before you go back to work, Christmas break is a fantastic time to catch up on your rest. Just try not to think about when it’s over and you have to struggle to regulate your sleep schedule again.

5. New Year's Eve

Although it doesn’t specifically relate to Christmas, New Year’s Eve is always one of my favorite parts of Christmas break. Staying up late to watch the countdown and the ball drop is such a big moment, and laughing in the New Year with the people you love is the perfect way to start a year filled with possibilities.

6. Being with family

The most important part of the holidays is being with your family. Loving others and being loved is the greatest gift of all. Whether you’re caught up in mistletoe or being with friends, don’t forget to spend time with the people who love you the most. Even if they're goofier than you thought humanly possible, you'll make memories that last forever.

Christmas is only days away. Have a happy, safe, healthy holiday that’s filled with love and joy! Throw your worries out the window, and enjoy the magic that is the Christmas season.