6 Reasons to go Greek.

6 Reasons to go Greek.

It's not about the Chapter you join, Its about the friendships you make along the way.

14
6 Reasons to go Greek.
Facebook

Movies and the media stereotype Greek life. The media shows a negative portrayal of Greek life and people who are Greek. People, nowadays, believe what they see on television and believe that going Greek is a terrible thing and all we ever do is party and drink. But it’s the exact opposite. We value ourselves on grades and challenging work throughout the year. There are so many benefits to going Greek.

1. Philanthropy events

Community service plays a significant role in all sororities/fraternities. Getting involved with a philanthropy and the community not only brings you joy, but to the people you are helping.

2. It’s not four years, it’s for life.

It’s true what they say that you find some of your best friends in college. I can say that I have meet some of my future bridesmaids. College can be hard for some people. It’s an unfamiliar environment for most and you are interacting with new people. Going Greek can really break your shell and make it an easy transition from high school to college.

3. It’s a Community

The media shows Greeks people to be very cliquey. I can say from personal experience, that’s not true at all. Some of my best friends are from the other sororities. From homecoming to Greek Week, it really brings the other people together for some fun.

4.Academic Support

I have had some struggle with my academics and going from a high school level education to a collegiate level. When I joined, I knew I had sister supporting me with all my academics and giving me advice on what classes I should take. They also encourage you to utilize resources on campus. Like the tutors and visiting professors during their office hours.

5.Wide range of Leadership opportunities

One of the greatest thing about going any organization on campus is having an executive position. Like treasure, President, public relations, etc. They are a fantastic way to get involved and improve leadership skills. Every position is important and teaches you the value of leadership.

6.Memories.

This may sound cliché, but most of my memories are from being in Greek life. So many different ice cream trips, sisterhoods, campus events, lunches/dinner, etc. are from being with my sisters. From just hanging out and watch AHS to formal. I love it and I will cherish those memories forever.

Being in a sorority is one of the reasons I love going to college. With Formal Recruitment coming up in just a few months that’s means I can meet more people on campus and watch all the Greek organizations grow with bright men and women. I encourage everyone to sign up for their formal recruitment at their school whenever it is.