6 Of The Best Reasons To Join A Sorority | The Odyssey Online

6 Of The Best Reasons To Join A Sorority

A list of the best and funniest reasons to join a sorority.

17

I love my sorority and I have never once regretted going through recruitment, because it has helped me to find a place where I am comfortable in college. I constantly see reasons to join a sorority that are more serious, and I decided to give you a few reasons that may be silly but are 100% true. There are so many reasons that I would recommend rushing in college, and here is a funny list of a few of the best of them:

1. You always have something to do with your hands in pictures

I know I am not alone in my inability to take a decent picture because of awkward arm and hand placement. I mean do you put your hand on your hip or on your side? Well, now I never have to worry about it because I can just throw what I know and have a guaranteed cute picture.

2. You always have a sister who procrastinated just like you and is willing to do homework with you all hours of the night

I cannot tell you how many nights my sisters and I spent in the study rooms cramming for our 8 a.m. test or doing homework that is due at the beginning of class. Although writing essays and making diagrams isn't anyone's idea of fun, having the support of your sisters makes it just a little bit easier. Having someone to laugh with when you feel like crying is all you need to get through sleepless nights of homework.

3. You gain at least 30 new wardrobes

In joining a sorority, I never struggled with finding an outfit. I would sent out a text and within five minutes have 10 different options of outfits that were just an elevator ride away. I never had to worry about not looking my best because my sisters would always offer their assistance in the fashion department.

4. Your phone is always blowing up with funny messages

Whether the text is from my Big or my pledge class, I can always count on my phone being constantly bombarded with texts, videos, pictures and GIFs that can make me laugh until I cry. I know whenever I am having a bad day that all I have to do is read through old messages and I instantly feel better.

5. Your social skills skyrocket

Recruitment has allowed every girl to hold a conversation no matter how many questions you have to ask before the conversation gets going. Recruitment allows us to become great at dealing with awkward and uncomfortable situations and bringing out the conversationalist in everyone.

6. You will never again be a lone wolf

No matter the situation, you will forever have a sister there to fall back on. You will never have to go anywhere alone whether it be the doctor or Walmart. You will have the world's best support system that anyone could ever ask for. Being in a sorority not only supplies a forever home, but a forever family that will never leave you hanging.