6 Life Lessons Owning A Dog Teaches You

6 Life Lessons Owning A Dog Teaches You

61
6 Life Lessons Owning A Dog Teaches You

Adopting a dog is probably one of the best decisions you could ever make. You are taking in an animal that will eventually mean more to you than you could have ever imagined. Dogs come in all shapes, colors and sizes, but they are all pretty similar when it comes down to it. Here are six life lessons owning a dog teaches you.

1. Patience

Dogs are a lot of work; fairly comparable to babies, but much cuter. From potty training to teaching them to not eat your shoes, it can take months to properly train a dog.

2. Selflessness

If you made Friday night plans but couldn't find anyone to take your dog on its nightly walk, guess who's staying in for the night.

3. Generosity

There will never come a time where I don't give my dog the last bite of whatever I'm eating, unless it's harmful to her. We're both fans of vanilla ice cream and Cheetos, in case you were wondering.

4.The ability to deal with messes

Sometimes your dog thinks your room is their personal toilet, and you're the one who has to deal with the aftermath.

5. Responsibility

You need to be conscious of your dog's behavior to make sure he or she is not sick. You need to maneuver your schedule around their bathroom times. You need to be up to date with all of their immunizations and checkups. You need to keep them fed and hydrated, and you need to make sure he or she is getting enough exercise, among other things.

6. How to Love

Pretty self-explanatory. They're not called man's best friend for nothing.