6 Life Hacks for the Busy Person

6 Life Hacks for the Busy Person

Easy peasy lemon squeezy...

36
6 Life Hacks for the Busy Person
We Heart It

Whether you're on the go or just hangin' out on any regular day, everyone loves a good set of life hacks to make everyday just a little bit easier. Here are a few life hacks to use on the daily. These nifty tricks are quick and easy, making them the awesome answers to life's more challenging moments. While some are a perfect blend of quick thinking with a touch of Mac Gyver magic and desperation, others stem from my own inspiration. The links to all are attached so please, read, apply and enjoy the stress-free results!

1. Just straightened your hair and the humidity is blessing you with some frizz that can't be tamed? I got your (temporary) fix...

Grab your favorite hairspray, clean as much hair out of the bristles of your hairbrush as possible, douse the bristles with the hairspray, then brush through! DO NOT BRUSH CURLS, unless of course you want a lion mane. You do you girlfriend.

Though this trick is just a temporary fix, it goes a long way. This life hack also helps with static struggling hair!

2. While we're on the subject of hairspray...Whoops! You realize you left your pen open. Now you got pen marks all over yourself. Lets bring that miracle working hair spray back.

My mother told me about this one while she was in nursing school and she'd leave pens open in her scrubs pockets on occasion. Lifehacker.com has an article with a little testimony. A woman's daughter played Picasso with a red pen and a new couch, but with a little bit of hairspray, the stain was was lifted.

The amount of hairspray you use really comes down to the stain. The woman in the article says you only need a little, but my mother says to saturate the stain, and I mean literally soak through and through with hairspray, then wash normally. The more serious the stain, the more serious the spray saturation.

3. Let's talk about those pesky pimples that need poppin'. Don't have an expensive pimple popper from ulta? No problem.

Here's another hair tool you can use, the good ole' bobby-pin. It looks a lot like the end of a blackhead remover which costs $6 at Ulta, but you can get them anywhere. If you don't have the time or dough to get one, just use the end of the bobby pin!

Place the rounded loop end of the bobby pin over the pimple, apply a little pressure with a little scoop motion as you press, and POP. No more pimple. However, don't press too severely or else you'll risk scarring. Every pimple is different and it might not pop right away, but I like using this trick for smaller zits that have a clear head on them. Larger ones can be popped with this too but I'd start with a warm compress over the zit if your having trouble getting easy results.

4. Got those tufts of baby hairs near your part, acting like Miley Cyrus, and they JUST CAN'T BE TAMED?! I've got the solution for you.

If you struggle with the troublesome tufts like you see in the picture below, I got your solution. If you can't get a product like Dark and Lovely Anti-Reversion Edge Sleeker, do the following:

Get an old, run out tube of mascara, clean it out with dish soap, and clean the mascara brush that goes with the mascara tube as well so you don't get mascara in your hair. Use some of your favorite gel and fill it up until it starts to come out of the top. Then BAM you're ready. Brush the gel into your hair till the tuffs are sleek and disappear.

The edge sleeker can be found at Walgreen's but any local retailer will carry similar products.

5. DAMN DANIEL! Did you dirty your white Vans? Get those puppies clean with stuff found in your own kitchen and a first aid kit.

Buzzfeed comes to the rescue (as always), and showed the world an awesome video about how to clean up your white shoes! This tip takes more time and effort, but is well worth every minute spent. Here's a link to the video, but the steps are summarized below. https://www.buzzfeed.com/carolineemiller/finally-t...

You will need: Baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, water, your dirty white shoes, a mixing bowl, an old toothbrush and the sun.

First, measure out 1 tablespoon of baking soda, a 1/2 tablespoon water and a 1/2 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide into a mixing bowl. Mix the solution until it has a pasty consistency. Then, use the old toothbrush to scrub it onto your dirty shoes. Use the remaining paste to saturate your shoelaces, then leave the shoes outside on a SUNNY day. The sun helps the solution to whiten the shoes. After 3-4 hours, the paste you put on the shoes should be dried and cracked. Hit your shoes together to break the paste off. If there's some residue left over, you can use a dry towel to buff it off.

Voila, Daniel! Your Vans are clean and white as can be!

6. OUCH! Looks like that little pimple you nicked while shaving won't stop bleeding. The answer? Look to your deodorant!

Deodorant has a magical power called Aluminum Chloride, which acts as a hemostatic agent. It's used in a variety of dermatology procedures, including skin biopsies, to promote clotting and stop bleeding. ~*YAY SCIENCE*~

Use a q-tip to spray or apply deodorant, dap the bleeding area and you're off in a pinch!

I hope you all enjoy these life hacks and find them useful! Keep on going, you busy bees.