6 Fictional Families You’d Love to Have Thanksgiving Dinner With

64

The holiday season is here. Pretty soon, you’ll be heading home for turkeys, stuffing, cranberry sauce and one too many glasses of wine.

This is my first big Thanksgiving. Ever since I was little, it’s always just been my small four-person family around our dining room table. This year, we have twelve people joining us. We’re having a 20-lb. turkey, my dad will be sleeping on the couch, and a lot of alcohol will be consumed.

In light of the crazy Thanksgiving I’m about to have, I couldn’t help but think about some of my favorite fictional families to share a turkey with. The holidays are all about family, after all.

The Weasleys from Harry Potter

Ron Weasley is hands down my favorite character from Harry Potter. His entire family is even better and is arguably one of the best parts of the entire series. Just picture it: the twins would be throwing their mashed potatoes at each other, Percy would be bragging about his latest accomplishment and Mrs. Weasley would be using her magical powers to whip up some amazing Thanksgiving grub.

The Pritchett-Dunphy Family from Modern Family

Despite the fact that Phil would more than likely burn the Thanksgiving turkey, there would never be a dull moment if you spent Thanksgiving with the Dunphy family. Phil would make plenty of inappropriate jokes to keep you laughing while Gloria and Claire fight in the kitchen about who’s in charge of doing the dishes.

The Bravermans from Parenthood

There’s a whole lot of love going around in this family, but it does come with its fair share of drama. It would be a huge group, but you know there would be more than enough entertainment to go around. Although each sibling has their own share of challenges, the Bravermans are the epitome of a dysfunctional yet extremely grateful family.

The Griffins from Family Guy

Because who wouldn’t want to spend Thanksgiving dinner with a sarcastic talking dog and an evil masterminded baby? Watch out – Stewie might try to poison the green bean casserole, and you know Peter would probably “forget” it’s Thanksgiving.

The Bennetts from Pride and Prejudice

Okay, the amount of hormones flying around the table would be a little ridiculous (could you imagine having five sisters?!) but there would be a lot of unforgettable and meaningful conversations. The meal would be a little old-fashioned, but Mrs. Bennett would still provide some crazy entertainment. Despite the amount of petty fights that may occur, there’s still plenty of love to go around.

The Griswolds from Christmas Vacation

No matter how crazy you may think your family is, nothing compares to the mayhem that is the Griswold family. There was a squirrel in their house, a burnt turkey and there was almost a literal explosion at the dinner table. Because who doesn’t want a “good, old-fashioned family Christmas?"