6 of the Best Places to Travel to Alone

6 of the Best Places to Travel to Alone

The only downside: who will take your *candid* photos for Instagram?

85
6 of the Best Places to Travel to Alone
favim.com

When my mom was my age, she traveled around the US and Europe with only a backpack and passport to her name. She went everywhere, and to this day says it was one of the best times of her life. Nowadays, it unfortunately seems like safety overrides the wish to go abroad--well, most places abroad. Here is a list of six places that are the safest, prettiest and easiest places to travel alone, both here in the states and overseas:

1) Iceland

Am I biased because I just went there? Sure. But in all honestly, Iceland is consistently named one of the best places to travel alone, particularly due to its being ranked number one in the world in terms of safety. Reykjavik will become familiar within a two days, gas is cheaper than water and if you ever get lost, follow the throngs of tourists.

2) Croatia

Croatia is also named one of the safest places to travel alone, but it beauty far outshines it security. Between its national parks, sea side towns and beaches, there is more than enough to keep you occupied. Plus, their tacky magnets are great, and won’t have to buy one for anyone else except yourself.

3) Washington, D.C.

It makes sense that this is one of the easiest cities to navigate, considering it needs to be accessible to hundreds of thousands of people a day. The metro is cheap and all the museums are free, clean and safe to browse for days on end. There is always something to do, and simply being street smart is enough to keep your trip the capital a memorable one.

4) Norway

Leave it to the Scandinavians, but they are some of the most beautiful people in the world with the some of the most beautiful landscapes on earth. The fjords, the villages, the Northern Lights—the list goes on and on as to why this is a place that needs to be on everyone’s bucket list.

5) Seattle

Just like New York City has a Starbucks on every corner, Seattle also has a coffee shop on every corner; however, they are most likely run by a mustachioed hipster rather than the “man.” This allows for single sipping, dining and endless restrooms—basically a trifecta for a great trip.

6) Barcelona

If it’s good enough for the Cheetah girls, it’s good enough for us, right? Also, if it’s safe enough for hordes of high school children to descend on every Spring break, it’s safe enough for someone who aware of their surroundings and is armed with a map.