These 5 Types Of Black Women All Need Their Black Cards Revoked
popular

Don't bother showing up to the cookout.

2463
Ayo Ogunseinde

Okay, I think its time we had a serious discussion about a specific class of Black women. This class of women, though varied, encompasses all those who have forever lost their Black card. They shuck-n- jive, they tap-dance and they most certainly embarrass us as a community. These "sistas" are only invited to the cookout because they are skin-folk. But as Zora Neale Hurston said, all skin folk ain't kinfolk.

1. The Omarosa.

The saddest of them all.

The Omarosa thinks she is the Black God's gift to white people. She believes she is the bridge between the Black community and the white man. Often times extremely intelligent and/or affluent, The Omarosa uses her platform to act a damn fool.

This woman cares about the Black community but only to the extent at which it benefits her. She will quickly jump ship for a job, and wont be caught dead doing charity work in the hood. (Unless of course, her white male boss asks her to.) Ironically, The Omarosa can understand when "ghetto" Black people face overt racism and may even resort to shaming them, but is mad confused when she experiences racism herself. Because of course, she's not one of "those Black people." She relaxes her hair, uses big words and "acts white."

The Omarosa see's nothing wrong with the phrase, "acts white."

All of her friends are white men, but she has an unprecedented dislike for white women. She stereotypes white women as weak or annoying, but deep down thinks her life would be easier if she were one.

She is almost always single because she is waiting on that right man that can handle her "strong personality." Unfortunately, she doesn't realize that she's just a bitch.

She recognizes that her dark skin and weave hair are stereotyped and gets upset when she is referred to as an angry black woman, but still thinks everyone has the opportunity to go to college because she did and people should just simply earn more money if they want to be able to afford healthcare.

She wears nothing by designer clothes and shoes.

A modern day Bojangles, The Omarosa is a complete joke to white racists. She is weird variation of a coon because she doesn't actually like the cool-aid, she just likes for white elites to see her drink it.

2. The Tamera.

One of the most confused, un-woke, irritating Black individuals you will ever met.

The Tamera is bi-racial and hates talking about race because her mom is white, and talking about race is "divisive"

Unfortunately her Black-as-hell daddy told her she has "good hair" and now she has a crude sense of self-value, which is funny because she started straightening her hair when she was in middle school because someone on the white side of the family told her she needed to look more presentable. She also loves cow-boy boots and red solo cups!

The Tamera secretly thinks that Trayvon Martin was an innocent child, but her mom's brother is a cop so she outwardly says that "maybe he shouldn't have fought the neighborhood watch guy."

Doesn't get why there is a BET awards, but throws Country Music Award watch parties.

Her only Black friend is The Omarosa, but doesn't know that Omarosa secretly hates her because she has "good hair." She avoids making other Black friends because she feels that she has to get defensive when those Black friends bring up race.

The Tamera and The Omarosa will have a huge falling out over race and she'll cry and play the victim card.

If you refer to her as a Black woman she will freak out and remind you that she is also half white.

Doesn't recognize her privilege, but is also racially ambiguous or "exotic" looking and doesn't experience much overt racism. She thinks its hard to be light skinned because when she was a kid, another black kid told her she wasn't "black enough" and of course she loved the documentary, "Light Girls."

Married a white guy and allows him to make off the wall comments about her blackness, and if someone says "#BlackLOVE," she'll respond with, don't forget about "#InterracialLOVE!"

Salty because her Black aunties don't like her momma.

3. The Angela.

She is mad depressing.

On the outside The Angela looks like average Black woman. The inside, however tells a much different story.

The Angela knows racism exists and knows she gets stereotyped, but religiously ignores all race issues and refuses watch the news because it's "depressing."

She is NOTORIOUS for letting her white friends call her a n*gger because "they don't mean it in the racist way" and she idiotically thinks there is a non-racist way for a white person to call a Black person a n*gger.

Only vaguely recognizes the names Freddie Gray, Sandra Bland or Eric Garner, and if she see's a video of a cop shooting an un-armed Black person, she'll say "damn, another one," and then keep on scrolling through her Facebook news feed.

The poor thing is more often than not the "token black friend," and pretends she doesn't notice because she doesn't "see color," ... unless of course she experiences an instance of overt racism.

When her Black friends have open discussions on racism, she usually sits there quietly as she has no reference for many of the issues brought up. Otherwise her comments lack substance and intellect and are somewhere in the realm of, "Wow, so they're just gonna keep pulling us over for no reason. Pass me the ketchup."

The Angela watches anime with white people because she doesn't know Black people like anime too. She completely missed the metaphor of the film, "Get Out," and just thought it was a really funny horror movie. When someone explained it to her, she was shook.

She only dates white or hispanic guys, because "Black men don't know how treat women" and she wants her daughters to have "good hair."

The Angela shops at Tillys and refuses to wear her natural hair because she wants to look presentable for jobs. She has damaged her hair with a straightening iron to the point where ponytails are a struggle, but she just cant stop.

4. The Zoe.

Multi-racial.

Probably has a Hispanic father and a bi-racial mother or something to that affect and doesn't identify as anything specific. If asked, she just says shes multi-racial.

Thinks her ethnic background makes her "exotic," and generally thinks she's better than the average Black woman in every sense. She believes her hair texture, skin color and racial ambiguity makes her better looking and more desirable. The Zoe takes part in the stereotypes about other Black women, and if she's faced with them herself, she'll simply just respond with, "I'm different."

If she is labeled as Black, she'll be quick to correct it read the laundry list of ethnic groups to which she belongs, but thinks its okay to casually use the term "n*gger" because she has brown skin. She is also openly racist to Black people and thinks shes just being funny. She may even look down on her own parent or family members with dark skin.

If she is from the hood, she's embarrassed about it. If she grew-up middle class, she wouldn't dare step foot in the projects, even if she has family there.

Will date a Black man as long as he's light skinned.

Men buy her designer clothes, shoes and bags.

5. The Raven.

Has completely lost her damn mind!

Really makes the attempt to sound "woke," but says some of the most ill-informed, uneducated, irritating things. The Raven really wants to be the voice of her people, but she is proof that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

She is good at speaking as though she is educated, but went to art school and thinks there are multiple continents in Africa.

The Raven continuously embarrasses herself in front of Black people who have no time for her bullshit, but just wont stop talking. She thinks that she sees something the rest of the Black community can't see and that if we would just listen to her, we could "overcome."

Hazily knows terms like, institutional racism, police over-representation and the broken windows theory, but couldn't explain them in detail.

She has a lot to say about about the way society treats Black people, but is very confused and overly complicit in white supremacy. She thinks too many black people have ghetto names and is embarrassed to buy whole watermelon. She'll wear Kylie Jenner's lip stick instead of Rihanna's because it's $2 cheaper and voted for Donald J. Trump because...JOBS!

She separates her Blackness from her womanhood, because she thinks it's harder to be a woman, than to be Black, but doesn't realize that most of the sexism she faces is because she is Black.

We've all come across one or two or all of these Black women at some point or another and we've all pulled the disappointed, but not surprised, Robin Roberts', "Bye, Felicia." It's hard enough navigating through this world!