5 Thoughts You've Probably Had As A Woman Dating In Today's Society

Dating sure isn't all rainbows and butterflies, somethings have made me think about why exactly I am dating.

15
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/lingo-jingo-update-your-dictionary-with-these-new-age-dating-terms/articleshow/64168290.cms?from=mdr

Being a young woman in America, it is already very interesting. Whether you are straight, gay, bi, transgender, queer or asexual, you have had the awkward dating experience. Here are some of the thoughts I thought would be the most relatable when it comes to dating.

"Are they going to pay for me?

This is one of the biggest concerns I know I have when on a date, and I can imagine you have the same thought as well. Although it is pretty well known that the man or whoever asked the other on the date is meant to pay for the meal, but sometimes you just never know. It can be stressful and then you enter the weird asking phase, and they could take it personally when you don't assume that they would pay or vice versa. This whole situation is just a big mess.

"Do they think I look different than my pictures?"

Now, ladies, in today's society I know most of us, if not all of us, are held to high standards. With the media praising women who look absolutely flawless, we often think while meeting new people if they think we look good. This thought often occurs on dates as well, if you look like your dating profile or Instagram. It can cause a lot of stress and it really doesn't help when you go into the situation barely knowing each other.

"Oh man, they are not what I was expecting."

Sometimes, people can be quite the opposite of what we were expecting them to be like. This could be good or bad. You may go into a situation thinking someone looks rude, but they could be one of the nicest people you have ever met. Also, more often than not, people encounter others who are much worse than they expected, but it's best to go in with zero expectations so they can be lifted, or not catch you by surprise.

"This is going really well, I want to meet with them again."

This right here is what we all hope to think. We all want that perfect date where we meet someone we think could be the love of our lives and that is the end goal in dating. If you have ever thought this while on a date, you are in fact winning.

"This is the last time we are meeting."

I think this thought speaks for itself. You had a very bad date or experience and you never want to see this person again. I personally hope you never have this thought, but sometimes you have to experience the bad to appreciate the good.