5 Things You Realize Your Senior Year Of College

3. Adapting to adulting

210

Ahh the dreaded senior year of college. It's bittersweet to say the least. You may be ready to move on from the party scene but the change is scary. It's a huge transition and a new milestone in life. Graduation is an unnerving time!! Here are 5 things that seniors in college face post-grad:

1. No more Winter Break

No, in the real world having an entire month off from life is just not how it works. But that would be pretty nice, wouldn't it? Graduating college means that you won't ever have this long of a break ever again. From here on out it's PTO, PTO, PTO!!! That means paid time off for all of you still living in denial and thinking that you'll be a student forever. This happens four times in a lifetime and that's it, so enjoy it while it lasts!

2. And no more Summer either

So as if the winter break wasn't bad enough now we don't even get summer?! That's right. Your typical 3-month vacay is now turned into work, work, and MORE WORK!!! Abandoning all responsibilities and being so far removed that you literally don't know or even care to know what day of the week it is will become a foreign concept to you.

3. Adapting to Adulting

Not only will you have had your escape from reality ripped out from right beneath you, but you will be thrown into the real working world in the very near future. Society has deemed being an adult so awful in life that it is now viewed as this negative term, referred to as adulting. We dread the real world enough as is and now it has a blatant shadow cast over it permanently.

4. Being a human

You now have to be prepared to function like a normal human being. You can no longer pull all-nighters wired off Red Bull. You can't go out drinking the night before a presentation and just "skip it." You have to control yourself when there's alcohol involved-- especially when out with co-workers. Stealing toilet paper out of the Starbucks bathroom or taking dishes for the kitchen since you have none is totally not acceptable anymore.

5. Getting a real job

All you've known your entire life was being a student. Working at the small pizza joint in town is no longer going to cut it. It's time to get a job, with a salary, working 40 hours a week...sigh. But hey at least you'll be making some real money right?! All this time and money spent in school had to be used somewhere and now it's your time to shine.

So, if you're a senior and you're thinking these things too, you're not alone! Growing up and entering the real world is scary but it's a part of life.