5 Things You Should Never Apologize For

5 Things You Should Never Apologize For

Sorry, not sorry.

51
5 Things You Should Never Apologize For

I'm a firm believer in saying sorry when sorry is due, but I will never say sorry for something I shouldn't have to apologize for – and for good reason.

1. I will never apologize for a day when I feel grumpy and antisocial.

If I feel like a slob-kabob and want to hide away in my dark cave of solitude (AKA my room), I will. If I want to start and finish a whole series on Netflix before returning to the outdoors, I will. If I don't want to reply to a single text in my inbox, I won't. (It's usually just my mom.)

2. I will never apologize for having the time of my life.

I'm in college and going through what many call "the best four years of your life." So, duly noted, I shall celebrate like it is. Yeah sure, some may say "You go out a lot" or I might get a lecture from my dad about multiple charges to my card in one night, while I call and beg for more money for groceries, but I mean, life isn't meant to be spent sitting on a couch at home. Well, it is when I'm being grumpy. (See above.)

3. I will never apologize for caring.

The next time someone throws adjectives like "crazy," "psycho," "delusional," or "insane" at you, please laugh it off. Unless you are hunting them down, probably a boy, and coming at him with a chainsaw, girl you ain't crazy! Don't apologize for caring about someone when they hurt your feelings. 99.9 percent of the time you are upset for a good reason and they call you those things as a defense mechanism in order to avoid ownership of what they really did.

4. I will not apologize for pigging out.

I won't feel bad about myself when I get stared at for eating french fries, Nutella on a spoon, and a family size bag of chips simultaneously. One, I'll probably feel so happy after indulging, minus the food baby. And two, I know this tastes better than your breadless, cheeseless, funless sandwich you're trying to enjoy.

5. I will not apologize for butting in when it comes to my best friends.

You hurt my best friend, that means you're hurting me. (I've probably already concocted a plan to shave your eyebrows off.) I definitely won't feel sorry for butting in and telling you how much you kind of suck for making my best friend cry, whether you wanted to hear it or not, because let's be real, you'll hear my opinion anyway.