5 Things You Should Know About Scorpios

5 Things You Should Know About Scorpios

We may just give all of the other zodiac signs a run for their money.

2268
5 Things You Should Know About Scorpios
My Astra Life

Well, it's finally fall! Here are the days of pumpkin spice lattes, apple pies and jumping into piles of crunching leaves. I'm sure that you have read a dozen or so articles about why you should be all about that fall living, so let me spare you from another one of those articles and share some new insight with you. Pretend to raise your hand if you have heard about the news that is blowing up on social media (and no, it's not about Brangelina): the 13th constellation that has been discovered. Ophiucus (strangely pronounced oaf-ih-YOU-kus) has been causing a frenzy for horoscope followers like myself who know what horoscope they fall into, what that is supposed to mean for their lives and how that all plays out in the real world. I was certainly a bit alarmed when I learned that this new constellation would bump me down from a Scorpio to a Libra and quite possibly even a Virgo (not that there's anything wrong with those signs), but astronomers and astrologers are saying that there is no need to fret. Astronomy, the study of space, the planets and the stars are distinct from astrology, which is used to determine how the movement of celestial bodies influence the physical world. The 12 zodiac signs remain fixed as they are, and now that I can breathe a sigh of relief, let me tell you why everyone outside of just astrologers would agree that the second fall zodiac sign is pretty darn awesome.

1. Scorpios are as deep as the ocean.

If you were to read any horoscope out there, they would all say that Scorpios are far from superficial. Being that Scorpios are water signs, it makes sense that we are a tidal wave of swirling, rushing emotions. When we form a connection with someone, it is a bond that is enduring and can stand the test of time. Though our moods can be fleeting at times and we are often sensitive people, we feel deeply and give just the same. And from that same place comes plenty of inner strength.

2. Scorpios can adapt to almost any situation.

Who says that a Scorpio has to be serious all of the time?! Coming from personal experience, I can be serious at work or in school, but when I'm around friends and family, I can be quite outgoing. Scorpios have a knack for knowing what is appropriate in various environments because portraying what you want means becoming what you want!

3. Scorpios are fiercely loyal...almost to a fault.

Another key trait that you will read about Scorpios is that we are great companions. I guess you can consider us man's second best friend. We will do whatever it takes to help those that we care about and show them how much they mean to us. While that is great in most cases, there are some people who will try to take advantage of our big hearts.

4. But you should think twice before crossing a Scorpio.

If you're one of the above mentioned, here's a friendly piece of advice: run while you still can. Haven't you heard of a Scorpio's deadly sting?!

5. And we just might be psychic!

Call it a hunch or a sixth sense, but some experts believe that Scorpios have a strong intuition like psychics do. It actually comes in handy considering that Scorpios are known to find drama lurking around every corner. You have to always be thinking a couple of steps ahead. The "gut feeling" was created for a reason millions of years ago, and that was to warn prey of imminent danger. Today, we have the "fight or flight" response to protect us, but that doesn't mean that our intuitions are completely useless. When conflict lies between our heads and our hearts, our guts can provide the answer. As a Scorpio, what I have learned most of all is to trust what my gut is telling me. It almost never fails.