5 Things I'm Thankful For This Year

5 Things I'm Thankful For This Year

How lucky I am to have so many things to be thankful for.

248
5 Things I'm Thankful For This Year

Thanksgiving is only a few days away and what a great time that is to be reminded of how lucky I am in this life and to be thankful for so many things. Although I am appreciative of all these things every day, I think now is a good time to get in writing. These are a few of the things I am immensely thankful for this year.

1. My People

I am thankful for having the most amazing group of friends I could ask for. Both at school and at home I feel so lucky to be surrounded by people who make me laugh every five seconds, help me grow as a person, and always help me get out of my own head when I need it the most. I appreciate having people in my life that make each day a little better and having the comfort of knowing that I have my people to lean back on whenever I need them. I truly do not know where I would be this year without my friends being by my side. So to my O6 pals, my BHSC, and of course the Calum to my Luke, thank you for being such a huge part of who I am every single day.

2. My Family

I will always feel incredibly lucky for being given the family that I have. I am consistently grateful for having people in my life who will support me as I try to figure it all out and being surrounded by a family that I am proud to say make up so much of who I am. We aren’t the most traditional family, hanging out constantly and screaming “I love you” at each other. We have enough problems to go around, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. With each day I learn more about what it means to be a good person, to be a loving human being, and how to be strong. I know that no matter what happens in my life, you’ll always be there, and you have also taught me how to stand alone without doubting what I’m capable of. I am forever thankful for you. Each holiday I am also thankful for you Dad. It’s been 9 Thanksgiving’s without you, but with each year I learn how you are still helping me grow without physically being here, and I’m grateful for that.

3. My Pets

This past year I lost the best dog I’ll probably ever have. My little Smokey didn’t make it to see his 11th birthday, which is only in a few days actually, but losing him this past summer made me realize how thankful I am to have had him. I’m thankful that I had a companion that was so devastating to lose, because at least I had him in the first place. It made me realize how thankful I am for my other little buddy, Bandit, and made me appreciate that he’s still around every day. Dogs really are your best friends and to have that is something to always be thankful for.

4. Music

This may seem strange to be thankful for, but there is no way I would’ve kept my sanity this year, or ever, without the bands and music that define so much of who I am. I am forever grateful for the music that allows me to escape when I need it the most, and for the bands and shows that have led me to meet some of the most amazing people in my life. This year allowed me to make great memories with one of my best friends that I may not have otherwise known if it wasn’t for our shared taste in music. So I am incredibly thankful to music, as I am every day, for always being my escape and allowing me to find people I never knew I needed to meet.

5. Bryant University

As I start ending my first semester of senior year at this amazing school, I figured I’d express my gratitude towards the institution that has changed my life for the past four years. As I prepare myself to have to say goodbye to Bryant soon, I’ve been thinking a lot about how this school has shaped me into an entirely different person than I was four years ago. Thank you for helping me figure out what it is that I want to do with my life and providing me with the skills to do so. Five years ago, fifteen year old me had no idea what she wanted to do in college, let alone think she had the capability of thriving at one of the best business schools in the country. I’m thankful for being able to experience this University and learn that I am capable of much more than I believe I am. And lastly, thank you Bryant for introducing me to some of the most amazing people in my life, friends that I know will be by my side for the years to come.