5 things I wish I Knew a year ago.

5 things I wish I Knew a year ago.

pinterest pictures are fire, ngl.

6974
5 things I wish I Knew a year ago.

Here we are on Septemember 13th, 2020 writing a blog post while live on Instagram, and I thought.... What better way to spend this gloomy Sunday then sharing 5 things that I wish I knew a year ago..... I hope you enjoy, and I hope you will take the time to share this with your friends.... It really does support me, also take a moment to go peep the other blogs, and let me know what you guys think. Enjoy, and keep being the unicorn of your life.

1. YOU DO NOT HAVE A BAD LIFE, IT IS JUST A BAD MOMENT.

Add a caption (optional)

I always thought I was having a bad life, every negative thought came through my mind, rushing as fast as possible... I barely could even think straight, breathing was honestly hard and I needed something to give me the half full kind of life I had seen so many people around me having. I kept thinking I need to do something to change..... Well, that is what I did... I started having more me time, I started adventuring more and I started doing things through the week or even days that made me happy. If it did not make me happy, I did not include it in my day. I would watch netflix at night if that meant less sleep but I was okay, then that's what it took. Sometimes you just have to do what makes you happy, and I wish I had known that a year ago, because I was so much worse than I was when I finally started implenting these things into my life. Now I am happier than ever, and even though I still have bad moments, I know they do not last forever like I thought they did a year ago.

2. SELF LOVE IS NOT SELFISH.

Add a caption (optional)

To fill from others cup, you must fill from your own cup. You must find ways to motivate yourself, keep yourself right and make sure you are good to help others. My cousin always tells me about personal developement, and doing things to better myself so I can help others..... She does personal developement and things of that nature so she can fill into my cup... Which I will be honest with you is much needed, because my cousin is amazing....I have been learning that is not selfish to just pour into your own cup and have your own time because that is what helps others in the long run.....

3. LETTING GO OF TOXIC PEOPLE AND MOVING ON IS SO OK.

Add a caption (optional)

It is funny that This Love came on when I began writing about letting toxic people go out of your life, and moving on is ok. Now I know I am listening to the slow and reverbed version, but the normal version aka Number 12 on 1989 I would listen to a million times while driving to a certain person's house. I thought we were best friends, I thought I could save whatever trauma this person was going through.... To this day, I have nightmares about those couple weeks..... It haunts me, it scares me.... I had never had to deal with that kind of situation, and I think being in that made my anxiety and depression way worse than it already was. So letting go of that situation, has been the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but it has been the best thing for me......Letting the toxic people out of your life will make your life healthier, happier and your soul will be cleansed of the negativity. I had a lot of negativity during that time of my life, because I was constantly around it.... But I will say those type of situations help you grow, so if it was not for that whole situation, I would not be the person I am today in this very moment.

3. IT IS OK TO HAVE ANXIETY BUT DO NOT LET IT RUIN YOU.

Add a caption (optional)

Having anxiety should not make you feel a certain type of way. I use to think having anxiety was a flaw, but I soon realized it just kind of made me who I was, and I had to be okay with that. I have anxiety because of certain things in my life that have happened, and as much as I would love to not have it-- that is just not the case like some people believe. I truly believe that anxiety makes me who I am, and knowing how to handle my own anxiety has been a blessing in diguise. I know some people may not see it that way, but anxiety can be a good thing and a bad thing... You just have to know how to handle it, and handling it in a proper way to make sure you are okay is the ultimate key. Do not be discouraged because you have anxiety..... it is okay.

5. HOLD TIGHT TO THE GOOD THINGS.

Add a caption (optional)

Laughing, going on adventures, the dunkin runs and vibing to really good music with my best friends is what it is all about. You have to choose what is good in your life, what makes you the happiest and do those things when you are feeling down. I can not stress that enough. YOU have to be HEALTHY AND HAPPY before you can help others achieve the same goal. So do those things that make you happy, and do not let anyone tell you any different. Being happy and healthy is the ultimate key and goal in life.... So go be the unicorn of your life not comparing your situation to others and not caring what people think.... because you are happy and healthy.... you know?

These five things helped me tremendously and I will forever hold close to these things, and know that not every day is a bad day, and I am forever in control of how I react in certain situations...I hope this blog post helped someone, and reassured them that life is not as bad as our anxiety makes it out to be..... Until next blog, keep being the unicorn of your life .