5 Things This Girl Misses About College

5 Things This Girl Misses About College

Let's face it, I need my university

12
5 Things This Girl Misses About College
Allyson Spaulding

Summer vacation, we all love it unless you are taking summer courses to get the degree faster. However, for some of us who are not taking summer courses and are just sitting around the house doing nothing, we miss being on campus. And I am going to tell you why this girl misses her regular college semesters

Nothing To Do

I cannot express to anyone enough that there is simply nothing to do at home. Sure there might be a gaming console, a golf cart, TV, etc., but can you really do those things repeatedly all summer without something new and interesting? Maybe it’s just me, but I like to do something different all the time. Also, those games have been overplayed. Don't even get me started on how many times I have completed each game.

Siblings

Yes, the siblings still may be in school until the end of May and I may be enjoying the house to myself for part of the day, but I can’t. I love my siblings to death, but everyone knows how siblings go. You bicker, argue, have it out for each other, and you simply just can't spent countless hours with them without going nuts. College is my safe haven for when I need friend time for when I hit the point of going crazy with my family. Plus the age difference between your siblings varies leaving you wondering, can I play kid games all summer or can I sit all summer watching movies?

Friends

You understand this point severely if you are a college student. Some people are fortunate and make friends that actually live close to each other, but for some, you maybe make one or two. Who are you to hang out with all summer? Even if you have a couple of close friends, it's still hard to make plans with them because let's face it, we work!

Organizations

Whether you are involved or not, the option of attending meetings and events are beautiful. For me, I love the organizations I am in and they keep me busy, but of course, I have two that I will constantly be performing work for which relieves some of my summer boredom.

Cocky

For one, how could you not miss our mascot? Cocky is literally my pride and joy of Jacksonville, because of how upbeat and loving he is. He made me laugh every time I saw him at sporting events because of how crazy he is. Cocky could make any dull day exciting.

Honestly, I miss everything about the college semesters. I did love sleeping all day for a good week, but now I am ready to start doing things again and being around my friends. Even though I am a little early to say this and be cliche at the same time, I love Jacksonville State University and the people there, because there is always something going on. I am ready for the busy fall semester and the new friendly faces coming in!