country songs

11 Country Jams For Summer Boat Days

Five country jams to add to your summer boat days playlist right now.

11
11 Country Jams For Summer Boat Days
Maddie Mueller

I have always loved country music, but especially during the summer time. However you love spending your summer days, country music always fits the vibe. There's nothing better than listening to the latest hits in the middle of the lake without a worry in the world. While I could definitely a playlist of over fifty of my current favorites, here are five of the best summer country songs to add to your 2019 boat days playlist.

1. "Raised on Country" by Chris Young 

While I was not raised on country music by any means, Chris Young's new song could make just about anyone love the idea of growing up with a "honky tonk attitude" (if anyone actually knows what honky tonk means, I'd love to know). It has such a catchy beat that anyone can get behind and as Chris Young says, "if someone cranks it up you can't help but listen".

2. "God's Country" by Blake Shelton

I'm usually much more of a Dan + Shay country love song kinda girl, but Blake Shelton really nailed it with this one. American pride, light in the sunrise, God's country - this is about to be everyone's 4th of July anthem.

3. "Blue Tacoma" by Russell Dickerson

Russell Dickerson's "Blue Tacoma" has been one of my favorites for a while. Whether you're cruising in the middle of the lake or down the road during golden hour, this song captures that summer night feeling in the perfect phrase - "if heaven is anywhere, it's right here".

4. "Day Drunk" by Morgan Evans 

I think what Morgan Evans meant to title this song "darty" but he went with something a little more subtle. If only every summer romance could go like this does. It's hard to hate Morgan Evans singing "High on your smile when you look at me that way" and I think most people would agree this is one of their summer favs.

5. "Knockin' Boots" by Luke Bryan 

Luke Bryan has done it again! The first time I heard Knockin' Boots, I wasn't so sure it was going to be one of my favorites. It's one of those classic country songs that as a mostly city girl I honestly feel a little ridiculous singing along, but the chorus is so catchy and so fun to jam out on the boat too.

6. "Buy My Own Drinks" by Runaway June

If you haven't heard of Runaway June, you're not the first. They're still up and coming in the country music industry and this song is one of the first to hit the charts. If your summer romance didn't go as planned, this is the girl anthem for you.

7. "Old Town Road" by Lil Nax, Billy Ray Cyrus 

This list wouldn't have been an accurate representation of Summer 2019 "Country" songs without including this remix. Billy Ray Cyrus is BACK. I think this song speaks for itself along with all of the attention it's gotten.

8. "Thought About You" by Tim McGraw

"Everything love is and everything it's not" encompasses this Tim McGraw song about looking back on life. The best part a bout a song like this is that everyone has a different person they think of when they hear this song. The music video will definitely get you thinking (and maybe even crying a little).

9. "Love Ain't" by Eli Young Band 

This Eli Young Band jam is one of my favorites on this list. It takes a different approach to most break up songs and talks all about exactly what "Love Ain't" and all the trials of a relationship, but in a really bad ass country music kind of way? Don't think I could get sick of hearing this one.

10. "Night Shift" by Jon Pardi 

The first time I heard this song I was totally taken by surprise by the time the chorus rolled around. I think a lot of country has had a pop spin on it lately and Jon Pardi is keeping it real with this classic country song that is so fun to blare through the speakers.

11. "Rumor" by Lee Brice

While this isn't as much of a country jam as some of the others on this list, it has such a summer country feel to it. You're home for the summer and there's a rumor going around town. Lee Brice tells this cute small town love story in the best way and makes you wanna fall in love in a small town.

If you haven't heard these yet or want to add them to your summer playlist, click the link below!

11 Country Songs of Summer 2019