The Five Stages Of Fangirls Going To Concerts

We've all been there.

94

Summer is finally here. With the warm weather, longer nights and stress-free vibes, music lovers everywhere rejoice at the mere thought of attending a concert. While you're at one of these concerts, it may be difficult to ignore the signs of the classic "fangirl"—the one who is over-the-top in love with the artist and probably screams a lot. Let's dive into the fascinating specimen that is a "fangirl," in her five most common stages.

1. Discovering the tour announcement.

As soon as she hears the word "tour" and her favorite artist's name in the same sentence, she turns around so quickly, that it would snap a regular person's neck.

She scans through the list of dates and then stops at the one closest her residence. Maybe, the closest performance is three hours away, but that shouldn't stop her. Then she memorizes the on-sale time and date of the tickets, you know, as one does.

2. Getting tickets.

Pretty much the most stressful thing known to man, in her opinion, anyway. She's online five minutes (maybe even longer) before the tickets are first released. Once that clock hits the on-sale time, it's off to the races. She types in all of her info as fast as her little fingers can go, praying to the concert gods that she gets seats at all.

3. The countdown.

Once she finally gets her seats and calms down, the countdown to concert day official begins. First, she cancels all previous plans on said show date. Whether it be weeks, months or even a year away, that just gives her more time to find the perfect outfit (because it DOES have to be perfect), memorize the tour set list and save a lot more money so she can stock up on merchandise at the show. Although, with all this to do, it's still pretty hard to wait.

4. The day of the show.

This is it. TODAY IS THE DAY. Not even those fake fans in the audience, who only know the artist's hit songs (and may unfortunately have better seats than her) can put a damper on this day for her. When the artist finally hits the stage, all she can think is, OH MY GOD, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE! Tears may ensue. She's seen them in pictures, videos and knows everything about them. Now, they're RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER FACE. No matter where she's sitting in the stadium, she can PHYSICALLY SEE THEM. So, for the entire 90 minutes to two hours, her reaction is basically this:

5. PCD: Post Concert Depression.

It's a very, VERY real thing. As soon as she walks out of the venue, she calls and/or texts her friends. She can't really talk, because of the shock and all, but she says something along the lines of:

While she could cry out in desperation her need to relive that night over and over again, all she can do is smile when she thinks back on how awesome it was.

The only way to get over the PCD is for her to repeat the cycle again and buy tickets to her next concert.

Let's eat our hearts out, fellow fangirls.