5 Reasons Why You Need an Air Cooler This Summer

Introduction

35

They keep dust from getting into indoor unit which could lead to expensive repairs down the road!

The temperatures will be rising soon, so you’ll want to start looking into ways to stay cool during the hot summer months. If you’re already sweating over your electricity bill, don’t worry; there are plenty of ways to keep cool without turning on the air conditioning all the time. In fact, there are more than 5 reasons why you need an air cooler this summer! Read below to learn about these reasons and more!

1) An air cooler will help you save energy

When you keep your AC turned down, you can actually save energy. Your cooling costs will be cut by about one-third if you use a well-designed air cooler instead of a window unit to cool one room. However, that is only true if it has both a fan and a built-in heat exchanger. A whole-house system that pumps cooled water through your HVAC ducts will save more than half compared to using a central air conditioner in hot weather. Whichever type of cooler you choose, they are all capable of keeping your house comfortable in even 100°F temperatures without straining your budget. They don’t use much electricity and they’re easy on your utility bill!

2) An air cooler can be used in every room

During summer months, it's not uncommon for several members of a household to have symptoms of heat intolerance, including dizziness and nausea. One great benefit of using an air cooler is that you can place it in every room so that all members of your family can enjoy a cool breeze throughout their time indoors. Most air coolers feature large blowers that circulate warm air quickly and evenly, while staying quiet. In addition to being useful throughout your home, they are also practical in offices, dorms or classrooms; with just a few cords, you can use them anywhere!

3) An air cooler helps with allergies

Allergies can be uncomfortable and expensive. If you’re using a traditional air conditioner, you have to worry about indoor mold growth, humidity levels, and noise. Air coolers allow allergy sufferers to enjoy fresh air without having to worry about indoor allergens or other hazards associated with traditional air conditioning. With many air coolers available for under $100, it makes sense to invest in one for each room of your home if allergies are a serious concern.

4) Buyers Guide to Choosing an Air Cooler

So you’ve decided that you need an air cooler. Good for you! There are several good options available, but there are also some bad ones. In order to avoid wasting money on a cheap, poorly-designed air cooler, take some time to do some research before you make your purchase. Here’s how to choose a good air cooler: Know Your Purpose: Do you plan on using your air cooler at home or in your office? An indoor model will have smaller dimensions than its outdoor counterpart, and might not be as heavy duty. If you plan on keeping it outdoors year-round, opt for a model with weatherproof housing and motor parts so it can withstand changing temperatures and potentially heavy rains or snowfall.

5) Set up and Maintenance Tips

How to keep your air cooler running smoothly, without fail. • Make sure you set up your air cooler correctly and place it in a spot where it will receive proper ventilation. • Adjust both your indoor and outdoor unit to equal heights. • Buy a high-quality timer for your cooler. • Clean or replace pre-filter regularly. If you notice that dust is collecting on your walls or furniture, clean/replace pre-filter more often (I typically clean/replace mine once every month). • Check HVAC filter monthly and replace as needed if dust appears on unit itself (usually only needs replacing once per year). Note: Your filters are very important! They keep dust from getting into indoor unit which could lead to expensive repairs down the road!