5 Reasons Why Spring Break Is The Best

5 Reasons Why Spring Break Is The Best

Spring break forever.

197
5 Reasons Why Spring Break Is The Best
Kayleigh Garrison

It’s that time of year. Some of us have already returned from our spring break trips, some of us are on our way home now, and others haven’t had their spring break yet. Whether you had a chill spring break at home–lying on the couch, catching up on some much-needed sleep, and watching movies–or you went on an exotic vacation to the Bahamas or Aruba, spring break is a relaxing break we all need in the midst of homework, exams, and just typical college struggles. As we all settle back into our daily routines or prepare to leave behind our routines in favor of our spring break plans, here are five reasons why spring break is the best.

1. You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want

Whether you’re eating mom’s cooking or the food prepared by the amazing chefs aboard your cruise, spring break is a period of time where you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want. Do your friends back home want to make a Taco Bell run at midnight? Do it. Does your cruise ship serve so may delicious desserts every night that you just can’t seem to choose what to eat? Indulge in as much as you want because when you return home, it’s back to the gym and healthy eating (unless you’re like me and don’t go to the gym or eat healthy, oops).

2. You can catch up with your friends back home, some of whom you might not have seen in a while

If you’re lucky, your best friends back home will have the same spring break as you. If you’re unlucky, your spring break gives you the perfect opportunity to go visit your best friend at her college! If you’re unlucky, your best friend’s spring break gives her the perfect opportunity to visit you at your college! Spring break is the perfect opportunity to catch up with friends you haven’t seen in a while. If you’re lucky and have the same spring breaks, you might even be able to go to an exotic location over spring break!

3. A little R&R never hurt anybody

Spring break is here and that means no homework and no responsibilities for a week (unless you’re me and had to write two essays while aboard your cruise ship)! Spring break is the perfect time to rest and relax and catch up on some much needed sleep. Stuck at home for spring break? No worries. Log into Netflix and binge-watch that show you’ve been meaning to watch for the longest time. Stuck at home? No worries. Sleep in everyday and when you finally wake up, do something simple like going to the mall or a movie. If you’re the athletic type, go for a nice jog around your neighborhood and just enjoy your surroundings! If you’re lucky enough to go to a warm location over spring break, use this week as an opportunity to lay on the beach, soak up the run, and read a good book.

4. Spring break provides the perfect opportunity to vacation to the place you've been longing to visit

During my spring break, I was lucky enough to visit Aruba, Curacao, and Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Island. I’ve dreamed about going to Aruba for the longest time and my spring break presents the perfect opportunity to visit a location on my bucket list! Spring break trips can be expensive due to the timing of the trip, but if you plan ahead of time you may get a good deal! Besides, don’t we all long to have Insta-worthy photos of exotic locations?

5. Spring breaks makes you realize there is more to life than just working and doing homework

Working a job and going to college are incredibly important, don’t get me wrong. However, we all need a break from time to time so we don’t get burned-out and exhausted, and spring break helps us reflect on the importance of taking time for ourselves and seeing the beauty that life offers. If only spring break lasted forever, and if only every day could be a vacation. Am I right?

I'm already planning my spring break getaway for next year. Are you?