5 Reasons Why You Should Watch RuPaul's Drag Race

"Gentlemen start your engines, and may the best woman... WIN"

227
Hulu

Ever since 2009, RuPaul's Drag Race has been slaying and gracing LogoTV with fierce and hilarious drag queens set off to compete to become "America's Next Drag Superstar". After experiencing eight hilarious, dramatic, and shady seasons I can officially call myself a super-fan of the show. Because of this I feel that it is my obligation to share just how much an "Eleganza Extravaganza" that is Drag Race. So, Here's the Tea:

5. "Lip-Sync For Your Life!!!"

In every episode of RuPaul's Drag Race, the Queens must compete in a challenge that shows off their "Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent" as RuPaul would say. Challenges include, impersonating celebrities, acting in comedic short films, or putting on a short musical. Following the challenge, the queens have to strut down the runway in whatever outfit follows the theme for that episode. RuPaul names a winner of the challenge, as well as the bottom two queens. The bottom two queens must perform a lip sync to a specified song for that one episode. This lipsync determines which queen stays and which queen must "Sashay Away".

4. The "Reading is Fundamental" Mini-Challenge

A few episodes into each season, the queens start getting aggravated with each other. So, Ru decided to let them "read" each other to get all the built up shade in each of the queens. (For those of you who don't know, the term "read" means to taunt or mock. A phrase or word used to mock someone in a humorous way.) Let's just say, this challenge cuts deep for some queens. Experience it for yourself:

3. SNATCH GAME!!!

Starting in Season 2, the queens pick a celebrity to impersonate and play in a game kind of mocking the popular game show "Match Game". Two (real) celebrity guests serve as contestants. The queens must try and impersonate their celebrity to the best of their ability. Here's a video:

2. The "fishy" queens

Every season there are always two contestants known as the "fishy queens". This basically means that their makeup is so well done that they actually look like biological women.

1. RuPaul's Runway Entrance

Before the Queens take on the runway, Ru slays the runway to show off a new look and to introduce the judges. She leaves us "GAGGING" every episode.

Now that you have just been educated on what a "sickening" show RuPaul's Drag Race really is, you can tune in to watch Season 9 next Spring on LogoTV.