5 Reasons I Love Being An Alpha Chi Omega

The sisterhood behind our big red door has made me a better version of myself.

356
Taylor Kessler

1. My sisters are so genuine.

There was something about Alpha Chi Omega during recruitment that was different. While I liked other houses too, at the Alpha Chi house I just felt like we could have regular conversations about real life. It wasn’t fake. I felt that I could watch movies with those girls in my pj’s with no makeup on and just be me.

2.“Real. Strong. Women.” is more than just a saying.

Going into my freshman year, I wasn’t exactly the most confident person. Being an Alpha Chi Omega has taught me to be confident in who I have been created to be and to encourage my sisters to be their best selves too.

3. Our Philanthropy.

Our philanthropy is Domestic Violence Awareness, and we get the opportunity to make a difference in our own community and speak for those who feel that they can’t. 1 in 3 women are victims of Domestic Violence, and we seek to help them in every way we can. We have the SAAFE house in my college town, a safe shelter for those who need to escape an unhealthy environment, and we get to see the difference our fundraising and donating makes. Watching the faces of the workers light up when they see the difference we are able to make in the lives of those they are sheltering is amazing, and I feel so lucky to be a part of an organization that loves to serve others.

4. Our Symphony.

Our symphony is something that I think is very special and words that I try to live by. It reads “To see beauty even in the common things of life, to shine the light of love and friendship round me; to keep my life in tune with the world, that I shall make no discords in the harmony of life; to strike on the lyre of the universe only the notes of happiness, of joy, of peace; to appreciate every little service rendered, to see and appreciate all that is noble in another, be her badge what it may; and to let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness, sincerity. This is to be my symphony.” These words teach us to be selfless leaders in our community who love and serve those around them. That is the kind of person I aim to be every day, so that I can make the lives of those around me just a little bit brighter.

5. Beauty & Brains

Alpha Chi’s are very well known for their humility and respectful manor, but we also know the value of our education. We help each other reach our best potential, and academics are a big part of that. We hold each other accountable and encourage sisters to keep our grades high in our list of priorities, because we are here for school. We teach each other to be Real, Strong, Smart women that can be independent leaders in this world who make a difference.

I will forever be grateful for Alpha Chi Omega. My sisters have become my family away from home, and I am so proud to be a part of an organization that has taught me to be confident in who I am, and to always put others before myself. I can’t wait to see the future I have in store surrounded by women that make me better, and the difference we make in the lives of those around us.

LITB.