5 Reasons Dogs Should Be Allowed In College Dorms

They don't actually eat your homework.

309

There is a reason emotional support animals exist. It's because life gets crazy sometimes and we don't always know how to handle it. One thing we do know is that snuggling up against something warm and soft helps us de-stress. Most colleges don't allow pets in dorm rooms, for obvious reasons, but I firmly believe pet friendly campus housing should be a thing of the future, here's why:

1. Dogs are a stress reliever- Imagine that you have just found out you failed a very important test, you are walking into your dorm and are immediately greeted by a hyper ball of fur who loves you despite your failures. Who wouldn't want that?

2. Dogs will always be your friend- Dogs are man's best friend right? They are loyal, protective, loving, and lovable. If you have ever owned a dog and you deny telling it about your problems at one point or another, you're lying.

3. Humans can be stupid- Let's face it, sometimes we just don't want to be around people, but we also don't want to be lonely. Insert puppy, delete human interaction for a bit.

4. You can't cuddle a fish- Some schools do allow aquatic animals such as fish and turtles, but it is definitely not the same as having a furry little creature to cuddle with at night.

5. A dog will make you a better person- In order to own a dog you have to take care of it. This means being selfless sometimes, responsible, caring, and committed.

Even if your school doesn't open their doors (dorms) to the K-9 species, you can always volunteer at a local animal shelter or visit a pet store for some puppy play therapy that might make your semester a little bit easier.

Also, here's another dog gif because I can't get enough!

*insert heart eyes emoji*

OK, this is the last one, I promise!