5 Podcasts You Need To Listen To Right Now

The perfect way to fill that early morning silence or long bus ride.

15
Bing

Yes, I know, we all have our music playlists downloaded and ready for the daily commute or plane ride. Now, I want to suggest swapping out just one of those playlists for a 30-60 minute podcast.

For me, listening to a podcast is the perfect way to feel productive without actually doing anything. All you have to do is listen.

The challenging part about a podcast, is finding one that you're actually interested in. One that you look forward to listening to as soon as it's available. Either following the story week by week, waiting for the next part or wanting to hear about a new topic.

Every podcast is different, some follow the same storyline through, giving updates each week, while others have an overall subject or idea and cover different stories each week.

Podcasts are a relatively new concept to me, but I've become obsessed with them. They've made bus rides feel shorter and long drives easier. These are my personal favorites, so give them a listen or go find your own podcast to love. good luck!

Millennial

This is my most recent obsession and by obsession I mean I listened to the entire first season in one bus ride. Megan Tan, the host and producer, is just so real and relatable. Millennial podcast is a series about maneuvering your 20's, captured in real time. So, Megan is telling her own story each episode throughout the series while interviewing others young adults similar struggles and achievements. I highly suggest this podcast to all you twenty somethings trying to create your own path.

Women of the Hour

"Oh, Lena Dunham, you've done it again." That was my first thought while listening to this short, yet beautiful podcast series. Within just 5 episodes, Lena covers the topics of love, friendship, bodies, work, and beyond. I am forever waiting for her to continue this series, but for now I'll just have to keep re-listening to the episodes already in existence. If you're a Dunham fan, than this podcast is definitely for you.

Stuff Mom Never Told You

The perfect combination of comedy and information. This podcast is hosted by two women, Cristen and Caroline, who cover every topic you could ever imagine about being women. The awesome thing about this podcast is that you don't have to listen to them in order. All you have to do find a topic that interests you and hit play. You're guaranteed to learn a thing or two in each one of these podcasts.

Modern Love

My go to podcast when I need a quick story or my drive is not very long. Brought to you by The New York Times, stories about love, loss, and redemption. Each episode shares a different story that had been submitted to The New York Times. After every story is read by a chosen actress or actor, the author is interviewed to discuss their current day situation in comparison to their written story. This podcast will give you all the feels, no doubt.

Serial

My podcast obsession actually started with the Serial series a little over a year ago. Season one had me hooked with host, Sarah Koening, unfolding the true story of Adnan Syed's murder case, week by week. He crazy thing is no one knows the truth, not even the host. Which is why this podcast will make you think and question everything involved. It's a great listen for those who enjoy shows like CSI and Cold Case.