5 Times I Hate Being An Introvert

5 Times I Hate Being An Introvert

I'm tired of being tired.

492
5 Times I Hate Being An Introvert

Sometimes, I just wonder what it would be like to be extroverted. As a true introvert, I occasionally have bouts of internal conflict where I love being introverted but also despise it. Here are 5 moments that make me hate being an introvert:

1. When I look up to someone who is extroverted as inspiration.

Some people you just look at and consider their ability to spend time with many different people as one of their odes to success.

2. At a party or event where you know people but you’re already drained from your previous encounter with people.

Can I just please recharge quickly so that I can enjoy my time here like everyone else seems to be?

3. Your friends calling you out but you need to have your own time.

Sometimes I make plans but I really hate the conflict of not wanting to leave my house much less my room. I feel bad and I might even feel lonely, but I am so tired and need to be by myself.

4. When people get upset at you for not hanging out with them.

I’m really sorry. I can’t handle this well at times. Somethings just drain me and I need to be in a relaxing and quiet place that will help me to gather myself better.

5. When you start to credit yourself as a hermit and get depressed over it.

I hate coming to this conclusion, but at times during my heavily introverted phases, I start to wonder why I’m such a hermit. I kick myself for it all the time, and it doesn’t help me to feel any better. I start to wonder what can pull me out of it and it’s just as exhausting to think about remedying your need for alone time.

Being introverted is by no means a bad thing, however, sometimes I wish I were extroverted just so I know what it’s like to be energized by being with people. I truly don’t understand it, but it would be a great perspective.