5 Healthy Ways To Avoid Feeling Stressed

5 Healthy Ways To Avoid Feeling Stressed At The End Of The Semester

It's that time of the semester...

3

Happy April! (Well, maybe we aren't too happy about this...)

If you are a college student like me, you already know that this time of the semester is typically the hardest. We are getting thrown assignment after exam after the presentation, and it seems like we just can't catch a break. Summer seems like it is so close, yet so so far away. The weather might be changing and the flowers are blooming, but my levels of stress are truly sky-rocketing like never before.

Since we are at the hardest point in the semester, that means you must be feeling pretty stressed out. Feeling overwhelmed and stressed is easily the worst feeling because you want to get everything done at once, with the feeling of not having enough time to do it all!

Here at 6 healthy ways to handle stress if you are a college student looking to catch a quick break to survive the end of the semester!

1. Organize EVERYTHING!

Organization is incredibly important if you are struggling to keep up with all of your assignments! By marking down what you have to get done in a planner or calendar, you can easily cross off what you've accomplished so you feel less stressed out and overwhelmed when you first look at how much you need to get done. Organize assignments, presentations, exams and even social events so you know exactly what your schedule is, and when you have time to accomplish each goal.

2. Take breaks often.

If you are not getting enough food, water, and sleep, you are going to run yourself completely exhausted! It is so incredibly important to give yourself a break every once in a while, even if you feel like you do not have enough time to quickly take one. It is important to give your mind and body a little downtime from all the studying and working, so you can feel refreshed and energized once you begin grinding again!

3. Take on one assignment at a time.

I know it can be super overwhelming when you look at your planner and see over 1,000 different assignments due, most of the time, on the same exact day. Although it is scary to see how much you need to get done, it is important to tackle each assignment at a time. If you try to do everything at once, you are just going to end up feeling overwhelmed and stressed out. Take on each assignment at a time and give yourself enough time to complete each one. This way, you don't have to feel like you need to get everything done at once!

4. Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize.

So you have 4 papers due by the end of this week, an exam to study for, and a group project to start working on. And of course, all of your friends are spending their Saturday's at the hottest rooftop bar in town. I know you might want to run over there and drink the day away, but unfortunately, during tough times like this, that just can't be an option. This might be a dramatic scenario, but it's important to realize that you need to prioritize certain assignments over going out or spending the night watching Netflix. By prioritizing your work, you can get more done and won't have to stress about getting that huge assignment done that you put off for weeks.

5. Believe in yourself!

Believing in yourself is the first step to knowing that you can accomplish any of the goals you set for yourself. You would not be in college, or taking these specific classes, if you did not think you were able to handle it. You can achieve any goal you set for yourself, and are always capable of success, as long as you put work into it! Keep grinding every day and never give up. If things feel like they will be too hard, push back even harder and continue to prove yourself wrong.