5 Things I Hate About Winter

5 Things I Hate About Winter

Wake Me Up When It's Summer

51
5 Things I Hate About Winter
Quotesideas.com

There are some people who absolutely love when winter comes around but I am not one of those people. Many see it as a pretty time where they stay in and stay by the fire. I think of it dramatically differently. Here are just a few reasons I hate the winter:

1. Snow

There are so many reasons why I hate the snow. Sure it's pretty, but only when I have nowhere to go, but when I have to drive or walk in it's the worst. I have work to get to on the weekends which is always when it manages to snow the most, making it nerve-wracking for me to get there. Driving in the snow is dangerous and while I try to avoid it at all costs, the snow makes it impossible to go anywhere you are absolutely needed. It also makes me feel very lazy which I resent it for even though that's on me!

2. Being cold all the time

I have an important question: who likes being cold? I love when the a/c makes me cold in summer but I have control to turn it off. There's no off button for winter! I hate walking around on campus freezing during the winter months. I almost always underestimate how truly cold it is so now I always keep a scarf handy.

3. The in between sprint and winter period

Right around now, early march, there is an awkward in-between period where some days is spring with sunshine and warmth, but the next day it's a blizzard. Why can't there be a day it just decides to be warm again for good? I've worn short sleeves recently but today had to clean snow off my car in a winter coat. Mother Nature, help a girl out!

4. Falling down all the time

Winter brings the inevitable: ice. Every winter I slip almost daily because of ice patches. I'm already prone to falling a lot so this doesn't make it any better! Bruises can be found at random and I'll try to figure out what fall recently caused them.

5. Missing the summer

Maybe it's because I'm a summer baby but I love summer so much. Whenever winter comes it reminds me how it's far from summer where I'll be the happiest person. I miss summer always but I miss it more when it's freezing and snowing. I'd rather be outside in the sun going swimming.

The message here is: send some warm weather asap.