5 Empowering Verses From Bible
Christianity

I Asked 5 Of My Friends For Their Favorite Bible Verse And How It Impacts Their Life

These are some of my friends favorite bible verses and why.

213

A lot of Christians have a favorite verse. You might see it on their Instagram or Twitter bio. Maybe they have a painting of it (like myself) or even getting it tattooed on their body. They consider it their "life verse" or "the verse they live by in hard times." We look to the bible a lot in times of trouble, confusion when we have things happen in life and we have questions and just want answers. I asked some of my friends their favorite verses and why they are and how it's helped them in their life.

Ali — Her favorite verse is Romans 12:12.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

"I love this verse because when you break it down, it's even simpler. It's basically saying be happy in hope, patient in your pain, and constant in prayer. It's peaceful. It's a great reminder. For me, it's three of my biggest values and reminders smashed into a verse. It reminds me to be hopeful when it's not looking the best at the moment. Have joy.. not happiness, JOY. Remembering the pain won't last, and it's all a part of His plan… which is greater and better than mine in my head. And faithful in prayer, remembering to pray pray pray throughout the whole day. Praying about the little things and struggles and confusion about my day. I love this verse."

Chloe — Her favorite verse is James 1:2-3

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness."

"It reminds me that the hard seasons that we go through are actually for our good. Without the hardships, I can't grow closer to Christ. When I trust Him through the trials, He will use it to strengthen my relationship with Him and I can then be used to serve others. It is just such a great reminder."

Lauren; Her favorite verse Zephaniah 3:17

"The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves
He will take great delight in you; in his love
He will no longer rebuke you, but will
Rejoice over you with singing."

"I love this verse because I love this picture of God singing over me- he doesn't just tolerate me, he LOVES me and REJOICES in my existence so much that he can't help but sing over me. So cool :)"

April; Her favorite verse Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

This is April's favorite because the verse to her means "that God always has a plan – and that plan is always greater and better than mine. His plans for me are good and for my wellbeing, to grow me. He never wishes harm on me, although sometimes he allows it for my growth. This verse gives me confidence in the God I serve that He knows what's going on.

Micah; Two favorite verses, Proverbs 3:5-6 and Philippians 4:6-7

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight"
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

These two are important because "They mean so much to me because after my car accident I developed anxiety and depression from the two traumatic brain injuries I've had and I look to those verses as hope because I realize that I can't go through life on my own. I need to pray and lean on God and trust Him while being thankful for all that he has provided for me and allowing me to still be alive."

Will

"My favorite verses are Romans 5:3 — 'Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance' — because it gives me the motivation to push through life's struggles whether it's a day to day task or a huge obstacle. Another which Is Romans 12:2 — 'Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.' — Because it reminds me of the spiritual awakening and complete transformation I made when I gave my life to Christ."

The whole point of this was to see the different type of people and seeing how they see their verses. These are just a couple people I have to ask and as you can see they all look to God for different things and just how amazing he is and how he works through their lives. People go through all different walks of life, and I am not trying to convince you one way, I am just showing how amazing God is and yes we have so many questions but this is just a small example of how great he can be in lives and how different examples are applied. All these people are at different walks of life in their faith some are older some are younger, God will be there with you no matter where you're at in life.

I have witnessed this first hand when I was at my lowest point I have ever been and I was making the worst choices at school and I didn't think God would accept me for who I had become. GUESS WHAT? He did because I got a wakeup call and my verse that I live by is Psalms 73:26, "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." This just showed me that even when my body/heart just isn't in it anymore I look to God to pick me up where I am and give myself back to him and put myself back on the tracks.