5 Fashion And Lifestyle Blogs You NEED To Follow In 2018

There's more to these bloggers than expensive shoes and pretty pictures.

6578
instagram.com/@bresheppard

One my favorite uses for Instagram is finding bloggers that I can appreciate for more than the aesthetic that they bring to my feed. I recently went through my Insta. and rounded up my five favorite fashion and lifestyle bloggers of 2017 and added a brief description of why I enjoy their content.

1. Bre Sheppard | BRE SHEPPARD

BRE SHEPPARD is my newest follow and has quickly become one of my favorites due to her authenticity, sense of humor and impeccably trendy, affordable fashion roundups and advice. I'd like to publicly thank her for the skinny jeans I purchased from Topshop for less than half price while waiting in line for a parking pass to an NC State football game.

2. Torunn Lee | Beyoutiful Blog

I've been following Torunn for some time now, after discovering her through Red Dress Boutique. Her site, Beyoutiful Blog, is sparkly and an all around fun place to visit. Her style is great, but my favorite part is her uplifting posts that give a glimpse into her real life and struggles behind the camera. She's very "human." Oh. And her dog Oslo Bleu is adorable too, so that's a plus.

3. Olivia Rink | Olivia Rink

Never in my life have I scrolled through a feed or visited a website and been unable to find something I didn't LOVE ...until I stumbled across Olivia Rink earlier this year. While many of her picks are a bit (OK. Maybe a lot.) outside of my college student budget, I still appreciate her focus on petite fashion. However, the decor section of her site is my absolute favorite part! Everything is so chic and, honestly, perfect.

4. Katy Griffith Harrell | Mumu and Macaroons

Mumu and Macaroons is a North Carolina-based blog (Katy's technically from South Carolina but bonus points because she lives in the better Carolina now). She's constantly posting new ensembles. The items are often from local boutiques, such as Vestique and Bevello, which is super nice because I can visit the stores, rather than cross my fingers and hope my online order fits. I also enjoy her fitness and nutrition section.

5. Katey McFarlen | Chronicles of Frivolity

Katey was the very first blogger I ever followed. One marriage, a dog, and a baby later (for her, not me), and I still thoroughly enjoy her site. Initially, the aesthetic is what drew me to COF. After visiting Katey's blog and reading more about her, I realized she previously worked in PR, what I'm studying, and I could tell she truly has a heart for using her passion and platform to encourage other women. What I found on COF was inspiring and uplifting, and it's also how I discovered the world of blogging. So, thank you, Katey. And thank you for teaching me the art of mixing prints because you truly are the queen!

That rounds out my list. If you're into fashion and lifestyle, I highly recommend checking these bloggers out and giving them a follow!

*Clicking on the pictures above will take you to each blogger's Instagram account!