5 "Deskercises" You Can Do At Work

5 "Deskercises" You Can Do At Work

Because most of you are reading this at your desk, anyway.

78
5 "Deskercises" You Can Do At Work
42yogis.com

Working at a desk has its perks, but sitting all day can put a strain on our bodies and deter us from our fitness goals. If you're feeling that way, then have no fear! Here are five simple exercises you can do at your desk to engage your muscles and get those endorphins flowing.

1. Chair Squats

These are super simple to do, and all you need is you and your chair!

Step 1: Get out of your chair

Step 2: Squat until your butt hits the edge of your chair (DON'T just plop down into the chair).

Step 3: Repeat!

2. Calf Raises

These are going to target your hamstrings and make them look nice and toned.

Step 1: Get out of your chair.

Step 2: Turn your chair around and stand in front of the back side of your chair. The seat should be facing away from you.

Step 3: Hold on to the top of the chair and raise yourself on your tip toes to engage your calves, and then go down. Release and repeat.

3. Leg Raises

Engage your core with ABSolutely no effort

Step 1: Sit down in your chair.

Step 2: Lift and extend your legs and hold for 10 seconds.

Step 3: Release and repeat.

4. Tricep Dips

Like the name suggests, these will target your tricep muscles in your arms.

Step 1: Face away from your desk and place your hands on there. Make sure your arms are shoulder-length apart.

Step 2: Bend your arms and try to keep them as straight as possible.

Step 3: Straighten your arms, and repeat.

5. Scapular Squeeze

Basically a fancy of way of saying "squeeze your shoulders"

Step 1: Straighten your back. This can be done sitting or standing.

Step 2: Squeeze your shoulders back while resting your arms down on your sides. Hold for 10 seconds.

Step 3: Release and repeat.