5 Books Fiction Lovers Need To Read

5 Books Fiction Lovers Need To Read

Looking for new books to enjoy? We've got you covered!

8
5 Books Fiction Lovers Need To Read
Tumblr

Nothing is like reading a book, especially one that takes you away from the stress of the real world for a while. Books are like a portable Narnia doorway that allows you to experience worlds without even leaving your couch. There are so many, however, it's hard to choose! For fiction lovers, the decades of book possibilities are overwhelming and very time consuming.To help out the process, here are five books that you could check out!

1. "The Things They Carried" by Tim O' Brien

This book is awesome for the fiction lovers who enjoy reading historical fiction. The story takes place during the Vietnam War, following the seven men of the Alpha Company. One of the characters is O'Brien himself, which makes it an interesting mix of "story truth and real truth," as the book calls it. Check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/Things-They-Carried-Tim-OBri...

2. "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern

This book is a good option for the Fantasy lovers. This story is about a circus that only appears at night and the magical people surrounding it. The multiple viewpoints and time jumps can be confusing at times, but it provides a more complex story to enjoy. Morgenstern also does an awesome job with the circus itself; many people who've read this book have a completely different idea of what the circus is. The book is also vivid, with room for the reader's own imagination. Check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/Night-Circus-Erin-Morgenster...

3. "The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Novel" by Alan Bradley

This book is a great addition to a mystery lover's collection. The book is the first in a five book series that tells the story of 11-year-old Flavia de Luce, a chemist and amateur sleuth. She finds a dead raven with a strange stamp in its beak and a body in the garden, which leads to an investigation that channels a bit of Sherlock Holmes. Bradley also does a great job of painting the small village of Buckshaw. Check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/Sweetness-Bottom-Pie-Flavia-...

4. A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall

This is a unique telling of the stereotypical boy-meets-girl love story. This rom-com follows two college students who meet in a creative writing class. What makes this different? It's told from 14 different viewpoints. Some of the best include a squirrel, a barista and a bench. Hall handles the viewpoints well, so no confusion occurs. It's a breath of fresh air for anyone looking for a new read. Check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Something-Different-S...

5. "Aurora Abroad" by Karen Kiefer

Kiefer tells the story of Aurora (yes, "Sleeping Beauty" Aurora), who discovers that she is a princess and her aunt is trying to kill her. She gets transported to the world of the Emperor without clothes, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Red Riding Hood and many more. Kiefer does a great job of pulling all of these tales together to create an epic adventure. It's a great mash up of fairy tales, comedy and romance! Check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/Aurora-Abroad-Karen-Kiefer-e...