5 best things about living in a dorm

5 Best Things About Living In a Dorm

There's not a lot, but the small things are the best things

4

When you mention living in a dorm, more often then not a list of complaints and horror stories are the first to come up, while the good and fun parts are completely overlooked. Here's a short list of some of the best parts:

1. You're on your own!

media1.giphy.com

For most people, this is the first time they are truly on their own and away from your families. And in this scenario, you're free of all the negatives that come with having to own and maintain your own places (taxes, rent, etc.), so enjoy it!

2. Roommates

media0.giphy.com

while there are some truly terrible roommates, if you're lucky you get a great one. No matter what however, living with someone else in such close quarters allows you to gain stronger communication, cooperation, and living skills and an experience that will stick with you for the rest of your life.

3. The overall experience

media2.giphy.com

yes, I know it is obvious, but when else in your life will you be living this closely to people that you're friends with? You get to be around your friends almost 24/7 which is an experience you may never get again.

4. The people

media2.giphy.com

It's true what they say: you're going to meet the craziest and best people in college. You're going to be around completely new and different people, embrace it! Get to know everyone you can!

5. Stories

media2.giphy.com

No matter what, you're going to gain the best stories. You'll be able to tell all the "when I was your age...", "Well my when I lived in a dorm" stories to your kids.