5 Attractions They Should Build At The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

The new Harry Potter theme park opened in Hollywood, so why aren't there any distinctly new attractions?

97
Los Angeles Times

For those of you not as engrossed in Harry Potter current events, the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter had its grand opening at Universal Studios Hollywood last week. From what I have researched, and to my slight dismay, it is nearly identical to the existing park in Orlando. Don't get me wrong, I will still visit the Hogwarts castle religiously throughout my lifetime, as I currently do with the Orlando park. However, I was hoping for a little something extra to set it apart from its sister location. Perhaps the engineers over at Universal need a few ideas to get the creative juices flowing. Here is a list of the rides and attractions I would love to see added to the Harry Potter theme parks!

1. Knight Bus ride.

This would be awesome as a simulator type of attraction. Imagine being inside the knight bus, racing through the streets of London, or even you can customize the city you are in. The walls of the simulator enclose as the bus squeezes between cars, you flip around when Stan decides to take a detour up a wall and the Shrunken Head is narrating your adventure every turn you take.

2. Horcrux scavenger hunt.

There would be realistic statues of the seven horcruxes scattered about the park, and it is your job to track them all down. These horcruxes can be destroyed using the interactive wands currently sold at Universal. This would use a similar technology as the existing hidden spell locations throughout the park.

3. One-eyed witch passage.

In the series, this passage leads from Hogwarts to the cellar of Honeydukes in Hogsmeade. Though it may not be practical to construct an underground tunnel in the middle of the park, it sure would be cool! This could function as the Express Pass entrance to the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride inside Hogwarts.

4. Guided walk-through of Hogwarts.

Imagine exploring the castle from the perspective of a Hogwarts student. Get caught on a moving staircase, accidentally enter a room occupied by the ferocious Fluffy and tour the various house common rooms. Perhaps Peeves the poltergeist could even make an appearance, since he wasn't able to grace us with his presence in the films.

5. Hogwarts castle firework show.

Have you seen the firework show that was displayed at the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Hollywood last week? It was truly magical! This needs to be a nightly occurrence.

For those of you with connections at Universal, feel free to give 'em a little elbow nudge and pass this along.