5 Apps To Boost Your Productivity

5 Apps To Boost Your Productivity

Making the most of handheld technology and your education.

48
5 Apps To Boost Your Productivity
Understanding Relationships

It's that time of year again: school is just around the corner and productivity levels will have to go from zero to 100 real fast. If you're feeling a little stressed, fear not! Here are some apps to get you through the next year of school.

1. Any.do

Any.do is a task management app that will change your life. While I love having a physical planner to write down all my deadlines and tasks for the week, there's nothing better than being reminded on your phone, too! It's not practical to carry a planner around 24/7, so Any.do gives you easy access to your notes, lists and reminders. The app itself is beautifully designed, with a minimalistic interface and easy-to-understand options throughout.

2. Prep4 GRE

Planning on taking the MCAT, GRE or the GMAT anytime soon? Then LTG Exam Prep Platform Inc. has the perfect app for your studying needs! I recently downloaded their Prep4 GRE app, and it has been real game-changer. When you download the app, you have the opportunity to create a personal, and private, profile where you can explore graduate schools, their requirements and much more. Along with this, the app mainly features a more personalized "test-prep" journey for each user. After downloading the app, each user takes an exam just to see where they're at and where they can improve in the future, and then the app designs a plan to improve scores and to practice different questions. It also provides an estimated test score after practice exams. My favorite part of this app? There's always a Question of the Day to answer to keep your mind fresh.

3. Chegg

From internships to scholarships, Chegg is the app to have, especially if you're looking to boost your grades or even your resume. If you have any old textbooks sitting on your bookshelf, they'll try to take those off your hands for you, too.

4. Quizlet

It may seem like a program out of middle school and high school, but Quizlet is still a blessing, whether you're ready to accept it or not. While the online interface is great, I particularly love having the app on my phone because I can study off any of the flashcards I made whenever and wherever I want. This means studying on a bus, or even just minutes before taking an exam.And they're not just flashcards. You have the option to learn them through matching games, practice tests and a fill-in-the-blank style program.

5. EasyBib

EasyBib is really useful if you need help citing references for a project or paper. You have the option of searching for your publication, or you can scan the barcode of your book with your phone's camera. The app generates citations for MLA, APA and Chicago, and also offers free guides on how to best cite your reference. Not sure how to do that parenthetical citation? EasyBib has got you covered.