4 Things To Do On Valentine's Day

4 Things To Do On Valentine's Day

That aren't centered around love.

21
4 Things To Do On Valentine's Day
http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/candy-heart-rejects-twitter/

Let me get this straight, I don't hate Valentine's Day, I just think it's pointless. It's a holiday centered around consumer goods; since when did proclaiming your love for someone revolve around chocolates and flowers? Did you know that the average consumer spends $116.21 dollars on Valentine's Day? Ridiculous. Apart from being a complete waste of money, why dedicate only one day to show someone you love them. Shouldn't you do that every day? Sorry for being so cynical, but the thought of heart-candies makes me queasy. However, if you send flowers my way, I won't object. Whatever your thoughts are on the holiday, here's some things you can do on February 14th that aren't centered around proclaiming your love for someone else.

1. Listen to the new Kanye West album

Yeezy's seventh studio album, "Swish," is set for release on February 11th. That gives you three full days to buy it before Valentine's Day. The album is expected to be a "banger," with features including, but not limited to, Vic Mensa, Sia, Rihanna, Travis Scott. What better way to spend Valentine's day than listening to aggressive rap?

2. Go to the Movies

There's always some sappy comedy that comes out around Valentine's Day. If you're feeling a bit lonely, and in need of a good laugh, check out:"How to be Single." It stars Rebel Wilson and the awkward girl who plays Anastasia Steele in "Fifty Shades of Grey." Or, if you are in the mood for somewhat of a classic: "Zoolander 2." Either way, it's $15 you aren't spending on roses.

3. Throw a Party

Instead of spending the day with just one person you love, why not spend it with 20? Invite couples, or don't, whatever floats your boat. This year's Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday, but lucky for us college students, we don't have school the next day - thank you, President's Day. What better occasion to drink your sorrows away then Valentine's Day? Plus, who doesn't like decorating their house festively?

4. TREAT YO SELF

Why spend time loving someone else when you can love yourself? Yeah.. I realize how bad that sounds; but honestly, when's the last time you gave yourself a little TLC? Buy yourself flowers, or chocolates, or whatever makes you happy and feel loved. Loving yourself is just as important as loving someone else, so don't feel guilty doing so.

Whatever you decide to do on Valentine's Day, remember that it's just another day in the year. If you're single, don't mope around thinking the world hates you. If you're in a relationship, appreciate what you're significant other does, regardless on how much money they spend. However you may feel about February 14th, don't forget you are loved the other 364 days of the year.